U

7 Messages

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 4:25 PM

Closed

Xfinity mobile trade in [Edited]

On July 23, 2023, I ordered an iPhone 14 and took advantage of the $600 trade in for my iPhone x.  I inspected the phone before shipping it off to trade in.  I received an email this morning from Xfinity Mobile stating, "Unfortunately, your trade-in phone doesn't meet our acceptance criteria for the following reason: Physical Damage” The email stated that I was NOT getting the $600 credit towards my new purchase because of physical damage.  When I sent the phone in, I looked it over and there was no damage to the phone at all.  This phone was no damage to this phone whatsoever.  

I called Xfinity Mobile to complain and I was told I had to contact Assurant because they reported the phone had physical damage to it.  I’m a Xfinity customer, but I'm not Assurant's customer, so Assurant has no interest in helping a non-customer.  I spent one hour and forty-five minutes on the phone with Xfinity Mobile with 6 people whose first language is not English, and no one could help me resolve the issue.  I spoke with 6 people and every time I was transferred to someone else, I got angrier.  There was no one who was able to satisfy my needs as a Xfinity customer.

There are 2 questions asked when trading a phone in on Xfinity Mobile's website:

1. Does your phone power on? Your phone must be able to power on to qualify.
  2. Is your phone free of damage?  The screen should be free of cracks. Phones with physical damage including missing buttons, damaged charging ports, or liquid damage are ineligible for a trade-in offer.

I stand by my statement that my iPhone x was free from damage, and I accuse Assurant of damaging the phone to save Xfinity the $600 in trade in credit for their customer. 

So, [Edited: "Inflammatory"] Xfinity Mobile is in cahoots with Assurant, a third-party partner.  Xfinity offers trade values on their phones to ensure their Xfinity Mobile service customers will buy phones from Xfinity Mobile and nowhere else.  Xfinity Mobile offers a little more on the trade in to entice customers like me.  They ask a couple questions about the phone and give you a value.  You see how low your payment is and you order your new phone.  You send in your trade into Assurant, not Xfinity Mobile, because they can say they "partner" with Assurant to help evaluate trade in phones.  

I damand Xfinity mobile stop the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] trade in and send me my trade in value as promised.

(edited)

7 Messages

1 year ago

To follow up my post. My phone is free of any damage. They claimed that "the LCD is damaged" to reject my $600 trade in offer. That is totally a lie. I contacted the Xfinity mobile agents many times and they just insist my phone is damaged and they can't give me the trade in credit. The agents don't provide any email or address that I can send my evidence to them. They just insist my phone is damaged and hang up the phone. I am so mad about it.

I have all kind of evidences that my phone is free of any damage, they just won't even let me to show it to them.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_522106 Thanks for coming to our community for help with your mobile account and trade in concerns. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited! We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. For all Xfinity Mobile related questions you can always contact our awesome Xfinity Mobile team at1 (888) 936-4968. Since you're unable to get this resolved through your many attempts we can work with you to get someone from mobile to contact you. To begin, Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

@XfinityKei​ You guys are totally guilty of this scam.  Almost same thing happened to me.  I was promised $830 trade in for my old PERFECT phone which I barely use and was evaluated at local office by xfinity employee.  Then after pre-ordering and you charging my credit card I get an email saying "IF we accept your old phone we MIGHT five you $830."  I immediately call to cancel and then the excuses start.  "new phone already en route" and other [Edited: "Language"] excuses attempting to force me to accept new phone and activate it.  I'm going to sue you

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel @user_c7b91f . I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. I would like to forward your information to have this addressed. Please send me a Direct Message with your:

Name

Service address 

Xfinity Mobile Phone number

Phone number where you can be reached

Email

Residential Account Number

I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

11 months ago

Wow. This is happening to me right now. We bought an iPhone 14 in July, had an in-store employee confirmed our iphone 11 was in good shape and would be accepted for a $600 credit. We mailed it in (because the store also had to mail us the iphone 14), but like OP said, we were actually required to mail it to Assurant. We did so by the deadline and have a USPS confirmation that they received it.  But nothing has happened and we've been charged multiple months without any credit.  When you chat with Xfinity to ask, they bounce you around and try to pass you off to Assurant. Assurant has a screener that requires claim numbers to speak with anyone, so you can't get through. The Xfinity customer service number the Xfinity team gives out online doesn't even ring. We're caught in a loop and can't get info or credit, and so are paying $600 more than agreed.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

This is good to know I keeping my main phone is all paid off! I am only paying for the unlimited service.. I called my Xfinity Internet Rep to see if I could get a good deal on my service she said in Jan 2023 hey you are entitled for a free iPhone 12 Mini never shouldn't accept that offer. Caused me pain and suffering ever since.. [Edited: "Solicitation"].. Poor system they should be closed Everyone refunded all they money paid into them. 

(edited)

7 Messages

So many victims. Are there any way to stop them?

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_522106! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. Thank you for being a customer with us, and I am sorry to hear about this Xfinity Mobile billing issue. It's upsetting to hear you have not received the proper help with this. 

Xfinity Mobile support on social media is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on xfinitymobile.com.

To confirm, have you attempted to contact/work with that department through all of the following methods? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_5ce76a Good morning! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team. I can see you have had some difficulties with your Xfinity Mobile services. I would like to assist you in turning this experience around, and get you in the right direction for a resolution. To get started today, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, your service address, and your contact phone number and email address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary 
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or go to https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
- A "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it"

7 Messages

@XfinityAmira​  

Yes, we do. They just say we can't help. Please contact Assuant instead, then hang up. Wasting our time and blame us to contact them again and again. The problem is not solved, and they blame us to contact them. How should we do?

1 Message

11 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Similar results for both myself and my brother. We both live in different states. This program is designed so neither Xfinity or Assurant has any liability or responsibility to the customer. I was eventuay helped by Xfinity to track down my trade-in information (it was missing entirely from my order, though i completed trade-in forms when I made my purchase). By the time I was sent a link to my shipping label the package would not get to Assurant by the required date. That's before getting to the part where they seem to find issues with every phone that is sent to them. I would also wager these phones are passed on as "factory certified" phones to a new customer. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

226 Messages

11 months ago

It's stories like these that made me decide I would only do the trade at the Xfinity store.  My iPhone 11 was flawless and accepted.  My wife's had a scratch that wasn't visible unless the screen was black but you could feel it with a fingernail so it was rejected.  The rep told us we can mail it in and see if was accepted but said if it wasn't, we wouldn't get it back and would have to pay full price for the 15.  No way I was going to take that chance.  Xfinity really should have been more descriptive of what constitutes "damage" but if they had been, I suspect many people would not have tried to upgrade.

(edited)

7 Messages

11 months ago

An agent from Xfinity put a post let to chat with them after I post my experience in the forum. I contacted them. What they did is the same as before, insisting I need to contact Assurant and they can’t help, then they hang up. I showed them the pictures of my perfect phone right out of the return box from Assurant, they just ignored it. It is so frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

I am starting to get the same run around. Trade ins were delivered on 10/3/23 and Xfinity Mobile told me to contact Assurant, even though they are their "partner". Why have the customer contact them? That is like Amazon telling a customer to call UPS if their package is lost transit. Xfinity Mobile website says the trade in was not even shipped but it was shipped and delivered almost 2 weeks ago. I have been with Xfinity Mobile since inception and this is sad. They could at the least, be up front and say we have an issue with trade in status and a delay in processing trades. Easy as that... 

7 Messages

Because it's a scam.  Some higher up at Xfinity came up with the idea to offer "trade-in's" on Iphones for the Iphone 15, and then to not honor those trade-ins by using Assurant, a third party, to evaluate said trade-ins.  Use Assurant to dishonor the trade-ins, making them the "scapegoat" while absolving Xfinity of any liability whatsoever of having to honor their promised trade-in promotion.   Simple as that.  It's all just an elaborate scam.

1 Message

11 months ago

I am facing the same experience where I opted for iphoneX trade-in for $600 and after several days also, it was not updating the status in xfinity and suddenly I got an status update that my trade-in is rejected because of the physical damage and I wont be getting trade-in amount.

I have all the proof that my phone was free of damage. Is there any way to get hold of XFinity and get the money back?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"], I traded mine in and it was delivered, have not heard yet, if they try [Edited: "Language"] I will take a quick flight, and they won't be happy 

(edited)

1 Message

11 months ago

XFINITY Trade in WORKS!!! I have now traded in an iPhone 11 with light but visible scratches for $700 trade in credit for an iPhone 15 Pro, along with a mint condition iPhone 11 for another $700 trade in credit for an iPhone 15 Pro Max. I shipped within 1 week of receiving the new phones, cleaned and packaged professionally with the return slip easily visible in package. I contacted Xfinity one time when I did not see status update when trade ins were received. Now within two weeks from the day I sent the trade ins I have received both $700 trade in credits = $1,400… thank you Xfinity for this smooth process, and wow what a great savings!!!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for your feedback @GabrielH. I am happy to hear everything went well with your trade-ins. If you have any additional questions you can reach out to the Digital Care Team at any time as we are here for your convenience. We are a digital team dedicated to assisting customers with all aspects of their account needs from troubleshooting together to billing inquiries and more. We are available over Xfinity Forums 7 days a week between 6:00 am - 12:00 am EST. Please have a safe and healthy weekend!

3 Messages

11 months ago

For what it’s worth, I had the same exact thing happen. Bought my wife, a new 15 pro, sent in her old iPhone X, which they were promising me $600 for. By the time I got the email saying they were rejecting the trade-in, I was already passed the point where we could return the new phone. Annoying [Edited: "Language"], and I had to eat retail for an $1100 phone. As a result, I’ll probably ditch at least a couple of my Xfinity lines as soon as there’s another good promotion from a competitor. 

(edited)

3 Messages

I just have to add that it is amazing that so many people are [Edited: "Language"] in the same way. I had assumed I was an outlier. [Edited: "Solicitation"]. I expect there are literally thousands of Xfinity customers who got caught in this trap and have no recourse by the time they find out that their trade-in has been rejected. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_z8eth6, thank you for using the Xfinity Forum and providing information related to your experience. The last thing we want is to push you towards a competitor when it comes to any of the products we offer.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7 to address this concern?

3 Messages

@Xfinitymarcus, yes I have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to help resolve my issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_z8eth6 We are sorry, but we do not have the ability to assist with the Xfinity Mobile here. Our Xfinity Mobile team would have to assist with that.

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

10 months ago

Going forward, take pictures of your device, make sure that you take one with the IMEI showing on the screen and keep those photos. That’s going to be your proof. Document every part of the transaction.

There’s nothing out there to stop some idiot from damaging or stealing it. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here