U

5 Messages

Friday, January 5th, 2024 2:01 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Spams me Proof

I was contacted by Xfinity mobile in November 2023. They offered a free phone to me. (During the chat, I confirmed multiple times and they mentioned that there is no charge and no subscription fee and no lock for the phone, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]). I immediately contacted them back to return the phone within a week of receiving the phone. (They said they would refund me 21$ of tax after receiving the phone, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]). Then I was charged another 14 dollars to return the phone and I received the billing of a line of 11 dollars too. I did not even activate any service with them, and had no card on file with them, I amp not sure how they even steal my apple card information. 
I do not have the phone, do not use their services and was charged 21 + 14 +11.11(subscribed for 24 months). [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I tried talking to their support again and they said they will refund everything and remove all my credit card information, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]! I got the line cancelled and 14 returned. The $21 was never returned! And after 20 days, they charged me 14 dollars back without notifying me! I am still owed $35.

I have never seen anything like this, all I did was contacting the internet service to fix my local internet line and was scammed into this ordeal. 

5 Messages

9 months ago

I cannot remember how many times I have called and chatted with the agents now, this is very shady and unacceptable! Also, there is not a single way to talk to someone directly. Though this is a small amount, I am not going to let Xfinity take it and report to every single public/government/media channel I can find that cares about customer rights.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello user_4qrbb2

We do offer multiple ways to interface with our Xfinity Mobile team. Below I included the various methods. Thank you very much for reaching out.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

8 months ago

I have contacted the customer service countless times, and each time they said the problem was resolved and then continued to bill me next month!

This chat shows how the customer service was condescending and not trying to solve problems. They just ask us to call the service again. What a joke!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @user_4qrbb2, we are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience and assure you this is never how we want our customers to feel. Although we do have limited access to mobile accounts on this platform, since you have already tried calling, we'd be happy to get a ticket submitted to our executive mobile team for further assistance in helping get your concerns resolved. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

8 months ago

Although my experience with Xfinity mobile is not quite as bad as yours, it is very similar. I was told one thing on the phone, which like you I confirmed several times during the call, and then billed considerably more. After repeated calls to "customer service" which resulted with more promises (when I got someone who spoke and understood English) and no follow through,  I finally gave up and drove to the nearest Comcast store, which is a 40 mile round trip, and was told that the online agents are not to be trusted because they lie to customers all the time. The store could not help me at all, despite being a Comcast customer for more than 20 years. I am stuck with two mobile lines  that cost $80 a month, despite Comcast continuing to advertise "second line free, $30 a month etc etc etc)  which are all lies. The moral of the story: Buyer Beware! Comcast Mobile are corrupt liars and are never to be trusted. I have had great service from Comcast Internet, cable, and landline phone, but as soon as my cell phone contract is over will NEVER deal with these crooks again.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_ldl9qx Thank you for sharing the experience that you had with our Xfinity mobile service and support teams. I am terribly sorry to hear about all the effort you have put into resolving the billing issues. I switched over my own services recently and found is issue with the buy one, get one unlimited deal which I had to work with the mobile team to have resolved. It took a few tries, but I was successful. I would love to help out with your account as well to see about having the billing corrected. I never want a person to be unhappy with any services they have. Please give us the opportunity to contact our team for you and see what we can do to fix this. We don't have direct access, but we can engage with another team who can help. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. From there we will need to verify the account, and we will work to have this corrected. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

7 months ago

I’m going through a very similar experience I was promised that I would get one of my lines free many times and now they are saying something else so I told them to have their manager call me the manager never called, so I waited 2 months to see if anything new would come up nothing was done so I called again and the guy was acting like he didn’t know what I was talking about and then told me when I kept asking to speak to the manager and he wouldn’t get me connected he then said he would add credits for the last 3 months that my bogo line promo wasn’t working and that they can ensure the bogo promo would be added and that I would get an email about the credit tomorrow(which I found in a be odd cause credit emails come the same day) and I never received that credit email and no credit for them shows on my account once I pay my phone off I’m leaving them , they promised me bogo line promo and they lied and I’m stuck now paying for 2 lines and 2 phones 

2 Messages

7 months ago

caveat emptor! I love the reply by "XfinityThomasB." If you call the number o0r use the link provided for phone or chat you get "Xfinity Assistant" (an AI) responding. If you persevere and stay on the line for 20-30 minutes you can eventually speak to a human, but no gaurantee the agent can comminicate in English. If you are lucky enough to get someone you can understand they will promise you anything-with absolutely no follow through on the promises, so you are back at square one. You can call in again (or as many times as you want) if you have another half hour to waste each time, but will get only more empty promises with no follow through by Comcast. If anone has sucess contacting an oversight agency, like the FCC, please post it here so we can join the reporting on how awful Comcast Cellular is. I have other Comcast services, TV, Internet etc, and have had no problems with other parts of the company. 
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here