U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, July 9th, 2023 11:50 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile screwed me out of promotion by delaying SIM and screwing up Port-In, now won't take the phone back

I bought three phones to activate with 3 port-ins

1. Iphone 14 Pro (credits to cover part of the cost)

2. Iphone 12 Mini (free)

3. iPhone 12 mini (free)

two of the lines Xfinity did correctly, they either had eSim or a physical SIM and my port-in worked fine

The third one (iPhone 12 mini for free) - came without a SIM card, I had to beg and plead for them to send me a sim card

When the SIM card arrived it had the wrong number on it? I had to spend 2 weeks fighting with customer service trying to figure out what happened to my number and why they gave me a new number

After weeks of back and forth they finally fixed the original problem

Here is the twist - they denied my free iPhone mini 12 promo for the the third line saying that since the original sim they gave me had another number on it (not the port-in that I originally requested), that they will not be honoring the promo, even though, may I remind you, I had to hunt a sim down from them as they clearly failed to do their job

So I told them if that's the case, take the phone back and revert my line back, but of course they aren't doing that, instead they are just saying tough luck, and patronizing me with how lucky I was to have gotten one mini 12 for free and how I shouldn't mind paying full price for the second 12 mini

What can I do in this circumstance? It was clearly not my fault they screwed up the SIM card in the beginning, and then it took their people an entire 5 weeks to figure out where they sent my phone number and line, and I had to spend many hours with the people at both carriers to get my number back and activate it on the right line

Each time I talk to the CSR they keep saying "tough luck, I am the last point of contact, you are stuck paying full price on this phone"

It's so enraging and disappointing, I literally don't know what to say

Oh and I was also promised a 30/month credit towards my internet, which obviously never came through EITHER, so I downgraded my unlimited line to by-the-gig, since clearly Xfinity doesn't believe in honoring their promos or taking care of their customers

Really miffed about having spent dozens of hours on this and still no resolution. Is this par for the course with these guys? I have contacted the BBB and the FTC as well, since everything is documented quite well, but I'm guessing this is the way Xfinity cheats money out of people.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_b4025c on our community forums. This is the exact opposite of the experience we want you to have! Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Our team can definitely take a further look at the promotion that was supposed to be included with your internet services. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Ive done all the tasks you have described

They all said that I am screwed and good luck

There has to be someone senior and higher up who can do something about this

I did not sign up for this bait and switch

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying that @user_b4025c, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

totally useless

I message you and you say the same stuff about calling or reaching out to your xfinity mobile team

why would I be on this forum if I hadn't called 40 times in 90 days and spend 200+ hours on the phone?

please think about it

you guys screwed up the SIM card and port, it doesn't mean I should lose my promo and pay full price for a phone that's not worth that

I would have been better off just getting another iPhone 14 pro and it would have been cheaper than this stupid mini 12 that was supposed to be free

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

It would be great if someone at Xfinity took notice of what is obviously a very unfair situation

Let me reiterate

I bought and ported a line to a Mini 12 for free offer (NO TRADE IN REQUIRED)

They never sent the sim, when they sent the sim, they messed up the port, when they fixed the port, they cancelled the promo saying the original sim didn't have the port on it (through no fault of my own)

When I ask for a refund, they are laughing about how they screwed me, and how I will have to pay full price for the phone

They keep sending me around in circles endlessly saying they will help me, but of course they never help me

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here