Lionessden46's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 9th, 2023 7:06 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Phone Plan [Edited]

I wish I had looked at the reviews before signing up. I engaged in a conversation via chat with an agent over charges on my wifi account, the agent kept pressuring me into signing up for a mobile phone plan. After speaking to several different agents and explaing to each one that I have a family plan through TMobile and phones I am still paying on through them, the last agent explained to me that they were offering me a free google phone and it was only $10/mo added to my bill. While i told her I didnt need or want it as everyone in my home had a phone, she again added she could lower my monthly internet plan but it included the free phone plan. Finally, after the guarantee that the phone was at no cost and it was only and additional $10/mo I decided to take the deal and give the phone to my youngest son so he could use it to call me or his sisters. After paying $14 for shipping we got the phone with no issues. I set it up under my google account as a child account and connected it to my xfinity wifi. Fast forward to my first bill $725!!!!! Turns out, the $10/ mo plan was not true. They put me on a 1 gig plan and allowed any addition data to be charged at $15 extra each gig. It was not explained to me that there was a data limit. In fact, i was told it was unlimited. When I looked at the bill it said unlimited talk and text. The agent FAILED to tell me that part. They did not offer any GIG plan options. I was simply told it was "unlimted for $10". As I checked the call and text logs, of course my number and my daughters number are the only numbers on there. 

This was a bait and switch deal. I was lied to and decieved. I see now that this is a common scam for them. The mobile plan scam. I will be looking into other carriers TODAY. 

Official Employee

• 

956 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Lionessden46 . My apologies for the confusion when signing up for our Xfinity Mobile services. We can take a closer look into this concern of yours. Please send us a private message with your full name and full service address.

1 Message

11 months ago

Worst customer service. Lies how supervisor will call back 1 hr. Ivevheard the 7 days in a row. Takes a year to update address.  Ridiculous  clueless reps

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_vja2ma Please create your own post and provide us with more details on your interaction to better assist if you are still having issues. 

This is an old post and will now be closed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here