U

Thursday, October 5th, 2023 4:33 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Nightmare

On June 2, 2023 I called what I thought was "Comcast" which is now Xfinity Mobile, to see if I could get a bundle estimate if I added my mobile phone to my home internet.  I talked with an agent, who asked me to first tap a button on my phone, just so he could take a look at my current internet account. He explained the deal to me, how I would get $20 off etc..but I was running out the door, so he said he would call me back.  He did call me back but I missed his call.

I called Xfinity back the next day to make sure that I didn't sign up for anything.  The agent on the phone assured me that I did not sign up for anything.

Fast forward to August 5th,  and Xfinity Mobile took money $57.84 out of my bank account. So they went into my bank account and took money! Thanks a lot previous Comcast/Xfinity whoever you are! - the actual company I signed up with 2 years ago.  I flagged it as theft in my account and my bank refunded it.  

I called Xfinity on August 5th and after 2 hours on the phone, they said that it was fine and they would cancel my account. The first thing I did was go into my Xfinity online account and cancel the order (that I never ordered in the first place) I keep getting monthly bills from them and I keep calling them, explain the situation, get put on hold for 2 hours, talk to an agent who tells me the money I owe.  I NEVER EVER SWITCHED OVER TO XFINITY - YOU THINK THEY WOULD KNOW THIS AS MY PHONE WAS NEVER ACTIVATED OVER TO XFINITY!  THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT I AM GETTING A DISCOUNT ON MY INTERNET AND I KEEP TELLING THEM THAT I NEVER EVER SWITCHED TO THE BUNDLE.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST TAKE THE DISCOUNT OFF AND CANCEL THE MOBILE ACCOUNT! I just filed a Statement of Claim and Notice form for a small claims case.  It's just so ridiculous and can't be legal.  At this point, it's the principal of the situation.  I'm also going to cancel my Xfinity internet because I am so disgusted.  It really makes me appreciate T- Mobile

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

1 year ago

@user_whpp7z I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience with our XM team. Were you able to have the account resolved since it has been a few days now?

3 Messages

Yes thankfully the situation is resolved. I appreciate you following up on the situation.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you, @user_whpp7z, for providing feedback. We very much appreciate you for letting us know your situation was resolved. That is great news I'm happy to read it! I hope you'll create a new post if anything more were to come up. Our team is always happy to help. Thanks again for choosing Xfinity, and being part of our community here on the Forums!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

11 months ago

I was pleasantly surprised that the corporate office resolved the ridiculous situation that the xfinity agents and managers caused. 

They were beyond professional, courteous and had common sense handling the situation.  Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here