U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 1st, 2023 4:12 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile nightmare

It all started when my wife and I went into the Xfinity store to pay off her phone to take advantage of a promotion for up to $1000.00 off of a new Samsung Galaxy Z flip 5 phone. We paid her ph9ne off and they gave us $800.00 credit for her phone and everything went normal. Then 2 days later I decided to do the same thing, so we went in and I paid off my Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra and thought I traded it in. Since the flip phones were not in stock they had is keep our original phoned until the new ones where shipped to our house. My wife's phone showed up and we activated it and we got the mailing label in an email and shipped her trade in back. Then my phone showed up and I activated it. I went to my email to get my mailing label and there was nothing. That's when I realized something was wrong. I went into the Xfinity store and found our that the guy forgot to hit the trade in button. Even after he told me that my phone trade was going to be worth $1000.00. So the way they decided to fix it was to have me return the flip phone under their 14 day return policy and redo the whole thing over. So they ordered me another flip phone and put the trade on it for $ 1000.00. When my new flip arrived it wouldn't let me activate it. So i went back into the store and after getting a run around for over a week they finally got it activated. I also got the mailing label and sent my old phone in. They took my first flip back and shipped it in. Then I got an email saying that the trade in was canceled after I had already sent it in and it was received. The reason they canceled it was because they put it on the returned flip phone and not my new one. So now I have 3 lines of service on my bill and I didn't get my $1000.00 credit and they got my mint condition Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra and they billed me for their own mistakes. I am sick and tired of all of the countless hours I have had to put into this and all of the undue stress it has caused nor to mention the amount of out of pocket money I have put out for this. All because an employer forgot to hit the trade in button on his screen. I'm going into the store on one last attempt to get this fixed. Then I will take all of it to my attorney with all of the text messages containing all of their promises and guarantees that never happened.

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_060d85 

thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. We are happy to point you in the right direction to look into getting those calls to your Mobile network. Have you attempted to contact our Xfinity Mobile team regarding this? You can reach our Xfinity Mobile Team with a call, text message, or via chat:

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat:  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRuben​ I have spent weeks contacting the Xfinity support team and many wasted hours in chat. Not to mention how many times I have  been in the Xfinity store with very few results. Now I am coming up on another payment and don't even have one if the devices that I am being charged for.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRuben​ I feel like xfinity is just dragging their feet hoping I will accept all of this, but believe me I'm not about to forget this and pay for what I didn't have any control over. All because one undertrained employee couldn't do his job right. The funny thing is he got paid to mess up my order, and I have received anything for my time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We're sorry to hear about the frustrating experience trying to get your mobile issues resolved @user_060d85, rest assured this is never the kind of experience we want for any of our valuable customers. We understand why you fee this way and want to do what we can to help. We'd be happy to get a ticket submitted over to our mobile executive team to further assist. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further to help get this resolved. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

You're not alone. The same thing happened to me when I went to trade In a S22 ultra for the S23 ultra. I feel your frustration. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here