U

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 7:18 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile is Stealing Money From Me

I am an Comcast Xfinity customer for over 10 years. I became and Xfinity Mobile Customer about 4 years ago. I had one line for $60.00 a month since I signed up.  In January 2023 I saw a commercial saying that I could get a second line for the same 60.00 I was already paying and thought that was a good idea. I went into the Xfinity store at Mercer Mall in Lawrenceville NJ. and told the representative exactly what I was there for. I wanted to take advantage of the plan to get 2 lines for the $60.00 I was currently paying, I would buy a new phone for the 1st line and use my old phone for the second. I figured the monthly amount I was paying which was 159.00 a month was that amount because I was making payments for the new phone and for both lines. From February 2023 until I discovered in October 2023 that I was being charged 45.00 for each line for a total of 90.00 for both lines. I called and complained and was told the representative put me in the wrong plan and not what I asked for and they would refund me the $240.00 for 8 months at 30.00 per month I was being overcharged. In November 2023 I was again charged $159.00 instead of $129.00 and that 30.00 was refunded almost immediately but until today February 1st 2024 they refuse to refund the $240.00 I was overcharged. I filed a Better Business complaint and a representative of Xfinity called me today and told me it was my fault that I signed the paperwork with the 90.00 a month for 2 lines. I should have read it. However I responded back that I didn't think my cable and phone company would take advantage of me and hide behind a piece of paper when they made the mistake...I told them what i was there for and what I wanted why is it's so hard to deal with a 10 year customer honestly??. Until they get honest employees I would say stay away from this company and take your business elsewhere they are out to scam you and take your money with bait and switch tactics. This is how they treat a 20-year US Army Iraqi Combat Veteran. They should be ashamed of themselves. 

Charles [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Major, US Army, (Retired)

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

Hi there, @user_3yamth  I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get you taken care of. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?-Richard

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here