S

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 2:11 AM

Closed

xfinity mobile fraud alert

While chatting with a rep to troubleshoot my internet, I allowed the chat rep to upsell me on 4 mobile lines. I signed up under the premise that all my phones were compatible with Xfinity (one Samsung S23 and three OnePlus phones). The chat rep told me my OnePlus phone will be compatible and my total cost will be $120/mo for 4 lines. I even have screen shots of the conversation. After two weeks of not seeing the SIM card, I looked at the USPS tracking- it was delivered to a home in Virginia (I live in Maryland), not related to me. I looked at my account, and I have a bill for one line, $55/mo (the Samsung phone).  I feel scammed by the Xfinity rep, who probably made a commission on this. I checked the Xfinity mobile compatibility list, and OnePlus phones aren't even compatible. The only solution that Xfinity offers is to buy a new phone (the rep said I won't have to buy any equipment).  So now I have no SIM cards, but a bill for $55/mo auto-pay to my credit card. I just hope the CC doesn't go through- the rep used the Virginia address for my CC, and it's not even my home, so it's totally invalid. But will they stop at nothing to make a sale? Be warned. Don't fall prey to Xfinity's scam.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

1 year ago

Can you please reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here