U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 5th, 2023 12:43 AM

Closed

XFinity Mobile customer support needs work!

I just don't understand why xfinity customer service representative couldn't figure this out.  As I looked at the 92 reviews for the XFinity Store ([Edited: "Personal Information"]) by me, well over 50% of them are one star with disturbing stories about terrible customer support.  

July 4th - Tyler is the store manager 

Tyler, it looks like advanced support did something and the status of this final, fourth line is now activating.  Please do not look into this further and do anything on line [Edited: "Personal Information"].  I will await the 10 day process for a landline to port to mobile, then activate.  I do hope you take some action to make your store reps better in the future.  These are the two issues that caused all these issues.

1. Javier and his assistant that helped me (in store on June 20th) did NOT do the port from Carrie [Edited: "Personal Information"] account to Tyler [Edited: "Personal Information"] account.  Then, because Carrie’s xfinity services deactivated, it left the [Edited: "Personal Information"] line deactivated and unrecoverable. 
  2. I was able to find out through advanced support that in order to get [Edited: "Personal Information"] back they had to reactivate Carrie’s landline service for that line.  Once they did this, it was easy to start the activation port from landline to mobile.    

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 30th 

This is the email I responded to PortInEscalations and I have not heard back from them.

To Whom it May Concern,

This is the history of my experience for landline [Edited: "Personal Information"] port from Xfinity services.  We have had this phone# for 25 years and it has been tied to a triple bundle of 1.2Gbps Internet, Ultimate TV, and Home phone line for years until these services were cancelled and put into my son Tyler’s name. 

Tyler’s (my son) services now consist of 800Mbps Internet, Popular TV, and four lines of Xfinity mobile and I am an authorized manager on his accounts.  One line is Unlimited Premium, one line is Unlimited Standard, one line is a Google Voice number on a Google Pixel 6a and the last one that was the first one to try and port over on June 20th has been the issue all along that we want to transfer from the above Xfinity home landline service to Xfinity mobile, but for some reason Xfinity just can’t get it right.  Here is the chronology of what’s taken place since June 20th.  I’m not going to get into how difficult porting over line [Edited: "Personal Information"] was from AT&T, but it was equally difficult.  The Asst Mgr below typed in the # wrong after I gave it to him many times.  I ended up doing it myself after a few days online.  The other two lines were also done by me online, no help from Xfinity.    

• June 20th:  I went into the Xfinity store at [Edited: "Personal Information"] and Javier the Asst Mgr tried to help me for 3+ hours.  Half of that time he was on the phone with advanced services to figure it out.  They told me landline ports take 3 to 7 days, fine!  Javier and I were texting from June 23 – June 26, but he tried to tell me there was a misunderstanding just for me to find out he messed up by putting in the wrong port transfer accounts. 
  • I had no faith in Javier a couple days later because I was informed the order for the port had been cancelled.  I guess he put the port in from Tyler’s account to Tyler’s account vs. Carrie’s old (that I can’t access anymore) to Tyler’s account.  I called Advanced services the first time and was on the phone for an hour and 27 minutes when she hung up on me.  So, I called back and got a nice fellow, but after 57 minutes, the automated voice assistant came on so that call got disconnected.  Advanced services couldn’t figure this out, so I went into the other [Edited: "Personal Information"].  I spent over an hour with Daisy [Edited: "Personal Information"] (very nice while I was in the store) because she contacted someone else at Xfinity mobile to ensure a port had been resubmitted. 
    • Daisy said she’d contact me in email Tuesday, June 27th because the Xfinity person assured us it would be ready.  I emailed Daisy Tuesday and Wednesday morning with no response. 
    • So, I went into the [Edited: "Personal Information"] and used the Virtual Assistant and got a nice lady that seemed to know what she was doing and resubmitted a new order, but said we’ll have to await the 10 days for a port.  I challenged her about the 10 days due to what Javier told me.  She assured me these landlines from Xfinity home services to Xfinity mobile take the full 10 days, so I was actually cool with it if it works.
  • June 29th:  Brandy’s email below stating this port has been cancelled and I can only assume it’s for this landline to mobile transfer of line [Edited: "Personal Information"] because that’s the only one of the four not active.  So, can someone please tell me what on earth happened for this to be cancelled?  Furthermore, who has tried to contact me and by what means?
  • Comment:  My Xfinity experience through all of this has been that reps are willing to help and promise wonderful service and fix my issues while I am talking to them, but follow up is horrendous.  As an Intel Corp employee for 31 years, I truly don’t know how Xfinity is able to stay in business with this type of customer service.    

At this point, I am seriously considering taking my two mobile lines back to AT&T, cancelling the other two lines shared by the gig, getting Ziply Fiber for gig Internet and just using YouTube TV.  Please escalate this to the right person because Xfinity has one last time before I write an inquiry to the Better Business Bureau and never come back to Xfinity,  I will also cancel my parents (Judy [Edited: "Personal Information"]) Xfinity services and four mobile lines who have been with you for 20+ years and myself & family who have been loyal Xfinity service customers for many years.  My wife Anny [Edited: "Personal Information"] is also a customer of 800 Mbps Internet and Popular TV and I will likely cancel those services as well due to all of this.

Frustrated customer 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_5e7962 Thank you so much for your post, this is not the experience we want any customer to have, so thank you so much for bringing this experience to our attention. I would love to get some more details from you. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account.  To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ 

Promises, Promises!!!  That's all XFinity says.  Their model is to try and resolve your issue with a new customer service rep.  The issue is that when you leave that chat, phone call, or even in store person, there is zero follow up and zero accountability.  You can't talk to management and no one is held accountable.  What does everyone in this community take from this, they take away two things; 1) you have to vote with your wallet and for me that will be to cancel my services, along with everyone I know and 2) write a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, then move on and stop spending hours with this company that truly does not put the customer first.  You should have seen how the in store Assistant Manager treated an elderly couple before helping me.  The husband was showing some discontent and the XFinity ASM told them to leave.  How embarrassing, having a 20 something XFinity store assistant manager march an elderly couple out the door when all they want is for their services to work the way XFinity is promising and marketing.  Wow!!!  If anyone has been able to reach upper management at XFinity or Comcast, please let me know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here