O

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 2:06 AM

Xfinity Mobile 5th generation Taxes and Fees for Existing Customers

We have 6 lines on our account on the 4th generation plan ($15/gig data or $30/month for unlimited intro).  I was chatting with an Xfinity Mobile supervisor (via telephone) to ask what the fees and taxes would be on the new 5th generation plan and was told that we would pay nothing.  I questioned this as the fee disclosure on the website states that UCC/government regulatory recovery fees and taxes are additional, but the representative was adamant that we would not pay any fees.  

Essentially, for our 6 lines it would be $40 plus $20 for the other 5 lines, for a total of $140/month with NO additional taxes or fees.  I questioned her again and she said that this is an offer only for existing customers and does not apply to for new customers (which is what is on the website).  

Based on this, I had her switch us over, so I  will eagerly await our next bill to see if this is true, as the fees are $6.43 total, which is almost double what we are currently paying.  Really hoping this is true, but can anyone else confirm this?  

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for your post. As far as I have seen, we have never covered the taxes and fees for an Xfinity Mobile line. I would love the opportunity to look over your account, order, and notes. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

@XfinityTony​ Thanks Tony.  I was able to send a DM and look forward to getting to the bottom of this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I too would like to know if we're going to be charged such high fees if we "upgrade" from unlimited intro.

5 Messages

I was able to speak to the executive office on this.  They were not able to tell me what the fees will be, but were able to confirm that there will be taxes and fees per line.  I'll report back what those are when we get our first bill in a couple of weeks.  Hope this can help someone else struggling with the same question.  

I will say, if we are in fact paying $6-8/line for taxes and fees (based on the broadband facts), it would be double what we are currently paying, and significantly more than the competition.  For example, Visible by Verizon has a $25/month unlimited plan with taxes/fees included, so I think Xfinity is going to lose customers if they aren't careful (note that Xfinity also uses Verizon's network).  

(edited)

5 Messages

4 months ago

Hi everyone.  I received our first bill on the "new" 5th generation plan, and our total taxes and fees were just under $30, which is $5/line.  I understand that this could go up based on usage (we are well below the 30gb/line in priority data threshold), so will let everyone know how this changes over time.  

Overall, we are paying $140 for the base unlimited plan for 6 lines plus ~$30/month for taxes for a total of ~$28/line.  This a few dollars more per month than Visible (also on Verizon), which is $25/month or 8% less if paid annually (including taxes and fees).  Xfinity is a slightly better plan, as it offers priority data and Mexico/Canada roaming, plus they offer device discounts.  For those looking, US Mobile is another great option for low-cost data options (T-mobile and Verizon options).  

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Hi Mike, 

I am considering the move from the Unlimited Intro (4th gen) to the new 5th gen plan as you did.  
I was not quite clear, but did your universal and regulatory fees stay the same or go up?  The fees listed on the disclosures are more than what I pay today, but I can’t think of a reason they would change going to the new gen plan.

Thx

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @DB1327! The Regulatory Recovery Fee and the Universal Connectivity Charge, are assessed to help defray the costs of contributions Xfinity Mobile is required to make to certain federal and state programs, including universal service programs which promote availability of communications services for all individuals, emergency services funding, and accessibility for individuals who have a hearing disability and/or speech disability.

These charges may vary as Universal Service Fund (USF) assessments change quarterly. Charges won't exceed the rate set by the government.

Switching to the 5th gen plan should not increase the cost of these fees as they are not directly related to the new plans. They may go up or down depending on USF changes, those changes would also impact these fees for customers subscribed to the 4th generation plan. You may be seeing an estimate for those fees on the disclosure causing them to be higher than what your recent Mobile statement shows.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@DB1327​ Apologies for the slow reply.  I noticed that our overall taxes increased about $1/line.  

Side note, we were in Mexico for the past couple of weeks and the included service with the 5th gen plan is pretty much unusable.  In order to navigate and look up information, we had to upgrade to the “premium” plan.  Not sure if you plan on traveling much, but FYI if you do.  

1 Message

Hey, Obed_Mike. For Mexico, are you referring to upgrading to the Unlimited "Plus" plan? When you upgraded for Mexico, will you please explain about what you gained in more detail? Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here