U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 9:34 PM

Xfinity lies and broken promises

I feel your pain and frustration with the free phones. I made a switch in October 2023 from a reliable company to getting a deal that seemed to darn good to be true. I was paying $150 for my two lines a month and Xfinity railed me in with free phones too so I got two free phones,internet, and tv for $60 a month for 24 months with a contract. Well everything was going great until February 2024 out of no where they decided to add these outrageous charges $180,$202 and more plus come to find out the phones aren't even FREE and never got the phone that was supposed to be FREE (A15 5g) we got (a14).

So as I got the $180 taking off my account and credited $50 to my account for the inconvenience of things. Well with account at $0 not even the next week they added more charges and they took them off but needed to pay $25.00 towards some [Edited: Language] to get unlimited everything. Well my account was never switched over to the new plan. So again they decided to take $202 dollars out of my auto pay without any notices and me knowing and thinking my account is at $0.

So I called Xfinity customer service and explain to them what's going on and  promise me they would refund my money back to my bank account within five to 10 business days. So again my account is at zero and the next week they take my monthly payment out $63. Well the 5 to 10 days went by no refund so I called them again and there was a lock on my account so customer service could not help me or pull up any of my stuff on my account to help me so they put a support to get a phone call back from Xfinity about my account within 10 minutes and never received any calls from anyone. So I called back again just to play cat and mouse and then they tell me they will refund me the $202 within 5 to 10 business days again. Well that didn't happen once again. Well on top of it after taking the $202 the next day they took out another $63 prior to taking the $63 before the $202 so they took out three payments.

So here it is 6 months and I still not received my refund. I have called corporate the big dogs of Xfinity just for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with my account and they weren't going to give me my refund. I saved all my messages from the customer service when I was talking to them and he didn't even want to see any of the messages on how they promised to refund me my money. They made my bank account overdraft so I got charged for it because I had no knowledge of this amount. They make sure that we can't have internet if we don't pay the bill but I'm confused as how they can take out any amounts that they want when they want on my auto pay.

When I signed up for auto pay I signed up for one amount to be taken out of my bank account that was the agreement that was $63 and some change every month for 24 months. The guy told me at the time of signing up cuz I had asked him well my amounts functuate he said no it'll be set at that for 24 months. So what gives you permission out of nowhere to take $200 out of my account. And then had me play cat and mouse with you after you already told me you're going to give me the refund several times and not give it to me. If there was no refund you should have said there was no refund instead of just letting me hear what I want to hear.

On top of it meanwhile now all the sudden my account has all these different refunds and credits from the time I signed up until now which I have never had any of this happen I've never even heard of all of these charges that are coming out of nowhere and if I had all these credits in my account then why are they taking money out of my bank account on auto pay every single month for my bill. 

I just think something's real fishy going on here on the inside because this is the first time I've heard of any of this stuff and I never had any issues from October until February but supposedly now this is where all these credits and refunds are happening since day one after signing up. Somebody is doing some shady stuff on the inside and at this point I call this stealing. So I'm going to take this to the higher authorities because they are all in on it what happened to customers are always right.

I mean for crying out loud I had proof I have copies of all our conversations and I even offered them to them to look over them and they don't even want to hear it they don't even want to see them.. Now I'm stuck in this broken promise lying feeding company for 24 months. I'm just so baffled at how this could even be a place of business and they should be ashamed of themselves. So I'm not going to quit until they know that they're wrong and I get my $202 back in my account or I will take this to the higher authorities and they will pay and never ever do this type of business with anybody again.

Official Employee

• 

725 Messages

23 days ago

Hello user_hb143p sounds like you've got alot going on, and we'd love to assist in sorting things out. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and we'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here