T

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 8:57 PM

Closed

Xfinity Didn't Send Label/Box for Trade-In / Now I've lost my Trade-In Credit

This is a very dark Xfinity user pattern, where Xfinity promises Trade-In credit for an older iPhone for iPhone 15 Pro Max:

I got the new iPhone 15 Pro Max with no return label, box to return the trade-in, or instructions....or warnings to return the trade-in within 14 days. I just assumed I was going to get the return materials (box, label, and instructions - to reset the phone, etc.) in another mailing.

Two months later, I've forgotten about it, and I get an email stating that my trade-in credit has been canceled. I called them and they basically said that there is nothing they can do since it's past 14 days since you received the phone.

All other phone companies have mailed me a label and instructions WITH the new phone, and use the existing delivery box as the return box for the trade-in. But not X-Finity. They leave you in the dark about how to return the trade-in, hoping the 14 days will lapse and so that you will lose the trade-in value. This is a dark user experience practice and needs to be reported/made known.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

10 months ago

u/tac239 Sorry to hear that, a shipping label would usually be provided in the same box you get the new phone in. Please modmail us your full name and address so we can look into this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here