U

Thursday, June 6th, 2024 8:00 PM

Xfinity didn't honor free phone deal. Now I am buying a phone I never needed!

When updating my internet plan they said I could get $10 off by signing up for mobile service. As part of the deal they would send me a free phone. Nobody mentioned the two plans were separate and that the Mobile would charge me $30+ a month for a plan I didn't need. To make things worse the "FREE" phone wasn't, which raised the bill $5 a month. 

I cancelled the mobile service. The $10 a month I was saving was less than the $30 they were charging me. Now I still get charged $5 a month for that garbage phone they send me. I've called twice to try and get them to take it back. No Joy!

.IMHO, I will stay away from Xfinity and recommend you do too/ 

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

3 months ago

user_7o8t9m I'm sorry to hear of your experience and that the communication wasn't clear when changing your plan. Our team can help look into the phone charge and see if there are any options available for you. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here