U

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 7:54 AM

Closed

XFINITY COST ME $830 PROMO CODE, AND CHAT AGENTS [Edited]

I'm a Xfinity internet Gold customer, and I got $830 promo code from my rewards center. I tried to add two new lines with iPhone 15 Pro's using the promo code, I also got buy one get another line free for one year. Order went through initially, and order got CANCELLED after the ID verification without any reason. here comes the problems

1.) I tried to re-order again with same promo code, and It doesn't work at all. I have been in call hours talking to Agents just to keep getting redirected for ever.

2.) Today (Nov 20, 2023) I was chatting with Agents straight 9 hours, was keep getting transferred to random agents, I talked to around 20 agents for nothing. I saved all chat Transcripts. 9 HOURS SERIOUSLY ?.

3.) One Agent literally tried to [Edited: "Inflammatory"] sell expensive tier. He told me multiple times saying that "I applied your $830 Promo code. consent it I will place order". But when I checked the consent details for 30 min's he did not add $830 promo code, and tried to lock me down to expensive tier for 2 years. LIKE SERIOUSLY ?

No other big company [Edited: "Inflammatory"] like XFINITY did. It cost me my $830 Promo code, my peace, and 3 days of time.

FOR XFINITY EMPLOYEES: WHO EVER IS GOING TO REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, SAYING CONTACT OUR AMAZING MOBILE DEPARTMENT FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE, PLEASE UNDERSTAND I DID THAT FOR 2-3 DAYS. I NEED MY $830 PROMO CODE BACK.

9 Messages

8 months ago

No replies ? No resolution ?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_2esoh7. If you have not been able to reach out to our Mobile experts at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site or by texting or calling the 888-936-4968 number send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

It’s a scam by Xfinity, happened with me too.

7 Messages

I know that this may be wasted energy, but I filed a complaint with the better business bureau.  If enough people do it, maybe, just maybe, there might be enough attention paid to this issue.  [Edited: Solicitation]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_2a9cx7

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your issue. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address and a bit of what is going on so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

8 months ago

It's been 6 days, no one contacted me, and no help

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_egkiis Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. I would be happy to look into your situation and see where things are at.

To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

7 Messages

8 months ago

I know that this may be wasted energy, but I filed a complaint with the better business bureau.  If enough people do it, maybe, just maybe, there might be enough attention paid to this issue. [Edited: Solicitation]

(edited)

2 Messages

It's a scam by Xfinity, I'm going through the same. let's also write to media and let them know about what's going on here... It's emotional and mental harassment. so much time and energy wasted.    

2 Messages

@user_2a9cx7​ I will report them too

7 Messages

Quick update.  I just heard back from Xfinity based upon the BBB complaint.  Long story short, the store screwed up by activating my account before I was able to log in which, in turn, caused me to lose the new line benefit because I was now technically an Xfinity customer and made it disappear.  The guy who called back was actually quite curious and found a resolution that was agreeable.  Technically not the $830 benefit because he wasn't able to reopen that particular benefit but offered me two options where I did get an $830 credit.  The option I chose was to pay the tax (which I was expecting anyways from the original offer) and just pay off the remaining balance of whatever phone I chose up front after an $830 credit was applied.  It just wouldn't have allowed me to make monthly payments (which I was also fine with since I have the cash up front and can just sell my old phone.  Hopefully this helps and may be encouraging to others.  I'll let you know if I run into any other issues down the line.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thank you so much for this "Quick Update ... " because this exact same scenario happened to me as a "DIAMOND Member" and I've been absolutely furious that my situation has yet to be resolved, after probably 20+ hours of going in circles with the Chat Agents and another 10+ hours of escalations with the various levels of Xfinity Mobile Phone Support and Xfinity Mobile "Technical" Phone Support. 

@User_2a9cx7 ....: So do you remember the name of the Xfinity Mobile Team Representative that you worked with directly because I'm ready to poke my eyes out if I have to go thru chat agents again. Ugh. 

Thank you, Diamond Member (20+ year customer)

(edited)

7 Messages

I don’t remember his name off the top of my head. I think he just deals with claims that are reported through BBB. He was from the east coast (I’m on the west coast). I would recommend reporting through the BBB and having someone reach out to you that way. They seem to be pretty responsive that way and you should at least have a person reach out to you via email to resolve the claim. Good luck. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

They wasted my time with this offer too, it's fake, it's bait, they will waste your time for hours and days and cancel your order if you try to use the code.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@elevate I'm sorry to hear you have not been successful with this promotion. I would suggest reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Team directly for assistance. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
• SMS Text Message: 888-936-4968
• Phone: 888-936-4968
Xfinity Mobile Website
Direct Chat

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_2a9cx7 I have exactly same issue , agent sold me buy one get one plan also couple of fake promise for other offers none of them applied to my account a lot ticket was logged on november 20 with no resolution so far  , I will also file a complaint with a complaint with the better business bureau

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I had a similar experience on same promo code!!  I can not afford $830.  What can I do?

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

@user_2esoh7 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here