Shahab_M's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 4th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Cell phone not ringing, going to voicemail

This started happening to me about 10 days ago. I have been using my new Samsung Note 10 phone for 4-5 months, receiving calls OK, and had done nothing to change any settings. I tried anything I could think of, including turning the phone off and on,  and then called Comcast. The young lady who I finally got to talk to was super nice and helpful. Suggested putting the phone on airplabe mode for a couple of minutes. That did not solve the problem. Then she said reset the network (in settings), that always works. And it did. But my problem is that it is happening again and again. It happened aagin today, and this time it was fixed by turning the phone off and back on. Obviously this is a Comcast network problem, because I'd changed nothing on my phone. I just hope that Comcast will take a serious look and fix it. It is quite inconvenient

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Check to see if you have slipped into  DO NOT Disturb mode or a scheduled Do NOT Disturb event.  That is what happens when you are in Do Not Disturb....  calls do not ring and go to voice mail.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My iPhone 11 is not ringing when I get calls it goes straight to voicemail. I can  call out but no one can call me.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This is also happening to me. The issue is on Comcast’s end and seems to be going on for years!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I’ve updated my phone

I have reset the modem

i didn’t not block anyone

I did not accidentally put my phone on do not disturb

my phone is not on airplane mode

I have placed my phone on airplane and then took it off

I have turned my phone on and off

I am not the problem... when will Comcast fix this. 
I read that Comcast has to reactivate the phine! Is this correct.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

MY PHONE WILL NOT RING but I can call out.

1. I’ve updated my phone

2. I have reset the modem

3. I didn’t not block anyone

4. I did not accidentally put my phone on do not disturb

5. my phone is not on airplane mode

6. I have placed my phone on airplane and then took it off

7. I have turned my phone on and off

I am not the problem... when will Comcast fix this??

I read that Comcast has to reactivate the phone ! Is this correct?????

anyone???

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just had this happen to me as well!  Now it’s happening to my wife!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Mine does that too. People are complaining that I'm not answering the phone, I'm not getting calls from work when I'm on call and am supposed to answer, and to top it off I don't get notifications of voicemails. Very frustrating

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So no response means Xfinity doesn’t care?? I’m having the same issue. Started today. I hate calling anyone at Xfinity so I’ll have to go in to the store if I can’t get it to work. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Did you figure out the problem? Mine has been doing it too. 

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

3 years ago

We solved the problem for my brother yesterday. He has a cellular Apple Watch that was causing the problem, but for others the problem could be with other Bluetooth phone connections to your car or other devices. 

His solution was:

1.) Power off Apple Watch

2.) Power phone off and on after turning off Bluetooth and WiFi 

3.) Test phone, and if ok, turn Bluetooth and WiFi back on

4.) Power on Apple Watch

Also, it is important to know that if your phone happens to be using 3G cellular data instead of LTE or WiFi, incoming calls are likely to go to voicemail. The older Verizon network did not allow simultaneous voice and data!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing keeps happening to me.  Never happened on Verizon.  I have a cellular watch also.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same problem. I have been on the phone with advanced tech support for 90 minutes with no resolution. How can there be this many people with the same issue and Xfinity Mobile can't come up with a solution. I'm now being told that they are escalating with the "line provider" and they won't have any kind of resolution for a minimum of 24 to 48 hours. I use this phone for work and need to answer phone calls. This can appear that i'm not available and will cause serious issues with my accounts. COME ON XFINITY! 

Official Employee

• 

282 Messages

If you're still having issues with your Xfinity Mobile service, please send us a private chat and we can help look into this further with you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This is also happening to my wife and my iphone 12, Very frustrating, someday every call works perfect and somedays no one could reach me by voice.  Text message and internet works fine everyday.

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

Hey there, I'm certainly sorry to hear about the call troubles. If you're still having trouble send us a private chat and we'd be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

It’s happening to me and my wife as well . I have already changed the sim once and somehow feel it’s connected to our Apple Watch cellular service 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Maxtin Same issue for us. Never encountered the issue until we added an apple watch to that line. After multiple reboots of phone and watch, *73, reset network settings, airplane mode etc we can get the phone working again until the next time... Xfinity just reprovisioned the voicemail, but said I need to contact apple if the issue persists after that.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@craff Issue happened again this morning, had to remove sim card, reboot 3-4x and it started working again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Well my calls started going to voicemail again . Xfinity support is not  even able to identify the issue . This is happening after all troubleshooting and replacement of sim . I did try the sim in another phone as well but same issue persists . 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here