U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 2:47 AM

Closed

xfinity app on iphone - doesn't show mobile data usage

When I use the Xfinity app on my iphone  to check my mobile data usage, I always get the message:

"Sorry, something went wrong.  We're unable to display you details right now.  Please try again or come back later."

I've "come back later" for several months now and nothing has changed.  I've tried it from 2 iphones -- same problem.

I tried it on an old Android today and it works fine there. 

How can I get it to work on the iphone that I actually carry with me?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_1852ab. Thanks for posting on our Community Forums for assistance. To access your Xfinity Mobile data you would have to select Services > Mobile > Mobile lines and data usage. That should take you to the Current cycle information and list the data by phone number/device. Are these the steps you are taking? Where are you getting the error message? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

That is exactly what I am doing.  That leads to the error message. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I appreciate you confirming that, @user_1852ab! Please uninstall the app, restart the phone, and reinstall the app. Are you still getting the error message when you try to access your Mobile data usage? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

That’s a very good suggestion, but it hasn’t worked in the past, and it didn’t work today. 

other observations:

- does not work on the two iPhones I have tried - an 8 and a 7 (both purchased via Xfinity)

- does work on an old Android

So does not appear to be caused by my account settings or privileges. 

i might be able to test on an iPhone 13 later.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I appreciate you giving that a try, @user_1852ab! It's odd that it works on the one Android device. Are you able to view details when you log into the web version of your account online

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I can view the data through a browser - on PC or phone. 

just tried on an iPhone 13 and it get the same “Something went wrong” message.  

Doubtless there are others with this problem, even if no one is reporting it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for sharing, @user_1852ab! Is your iPhone 13 up to date with the latest iOS? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yes, the iPhone 13 is up to date.  

The problem might be in the app itself, not on the backend or the connection. 

if I turn off WiFi and cellular and then click the link for mobile data usage, I get the same error message.  Seems like the app isn’t even connecting to the backend for this request. 

other functions work, just not this one. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for working with us to figure out what's going on, @user_1852ab! We may need to open a ticket to investigate this further. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here