U

Monday, January 1st, 2024 6:01 PM

Closed

Xfinity Agent at store fraudulently opened a Xfinity Mobile Account In My Name

I gone to pick up my internet box from Xfinity store on 11/08/2023. I was asked if I wanted to get a Xfinity Mobile line at store. I said no as always. I was asked again. I said no.

I would find on 12/29/2023, when an odd amount of money came out of my banks account that the agents at Mill Creek, WA store turned on a mobile service without my knowledge and without my consent. Using my old address instead of the new address that I had my internet transfered too. 

I would be told I was sent a iPhone 12. I never had an iPhone and never want one. Then they would later say a sim card. I never approved this. However, there is no usage ever on the phone number, no phone sent to me, and no SIM card 

He did ask to see cellphone to said activate my internet box Model 37. But when I go home to plug it in. Nothing was activated. 

This dude also, said we must assign everyone with a number. It is free with the internet box. It made no since that that would be a new policy. Forcing a number upon someone. When they already have a provider. He stated you don't have to use it. I stated again. I don't need it or want it. 

I left the store at 2:20 PM. Only to find out that he activated the unauthorized mobile phone service, placed a false iPhone, and false Sim under my name in an account around 2:31PM after I left the store. 

I have had Comcast Xfinity Internet for 3 years now and never purchased anything but internet only. And never chose to want anything but internet. 

[Edited: "Language"]

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

9 months ago

@user_vqknzw I can only imagine how you feel. We would be happy to look into this with you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here