steve061768's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Will XM support/allow the use of the Pixel 4a?

Since there is no mention of the 4a for sale on the XM website, will/can XM support either the unlocked 4a purchased from wherever, or the Verizon version, purchased directly from Google?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-4a-price-release-date-deals-1142557/

According to this Article it should be for sale by XM. But it looks like they aren’t doing pre-order? Might have to wait until Aug 20th for the actual launch/release.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Missed that one. Kind of expected XM to issue a press release like they have with the Note 20.

OK, thanks for the info.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can confirm that the 4a works on Xfinity's network. I'm using one purchased from the Google store now!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks!! Any hoops to get it activated? Did you get a sim specifically for it or did you swap from another device?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Glad somebody was able to get theirs working! I have the exact same problem as these people had with their 3a previously.... XM's IMEI checker shows my Google-purchased, unlocked 4a is not compatible, every other Verizon-derivitive network (and Verizon itself) says it's fine. Hoping we will get a similar fix for the 4a soon.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/XM-cannot-BYOD-brand-new-unlocked-Pixel-3a-phones/td-p/3291366

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@bananashay Same, my IMEI is incompatible as well. Support for xfinity says it’s incompatible but clearly someone in this thread has it working. What can we do?!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem with my pixel 4a. IMEI says not compatible with xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm also really hoping this is an issue with the IMEI checker. I want to switch to Xfinity Mobile, but won't until I can BYOD my Pixel 4a.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

We were able to swap a sim from an activated Pixel 3 and everything appears to be working as normal. The 4a should be a really popular phone, so here's hoping XFM figures out how to allow them. We are worried about someone activating the old Pixel 3 IMEI and killing this phone, but worst case scenario, we can switch to Google Fi. 

Good Luck everyone and post up if you can properly activate a 4a!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Got my 4a in today and same issue with the IMEI checker and chat support is currently useless because they see the same thing on their end. They said I could try going to an Xfinity Store but they didn't even seem particularly convinced I'd have any luck with that either. 

Has anyone tried contacting the ComcastChrisL account to try the same remediation that everyone went through for 3a?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@miljohns Are you adding an additional phone/line? I was just wondering if you tried swapping the SIM from a current line into the 4a. There was one person saying it did work earlier in this thread.

When I spoke with chat a few days ago they told me to  go buy the phone and see if it works. 😞 What a mess! Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

@JeremyCCouch no I'm not subscribed to Xfinity Mobile yet. I've been wanting to ditch Verizon for years, but couldn't transfer my Moto phone to XM so I was super excited to get a nice unlocked budget Pixel phone for BYOD, but of course nothing is that easy... At this point I might forget all about XM and go with one of Verizon's other MVNO's like US Mobile or others. My main things are to stay on VZW network (coverage issues with others in my area), keep my existing phone number, and use my new Pixel 4a... I thought XM was going to give me all those things.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m in same boat. Bought 4a. Supposedly not supported. Asking for help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I recently switched to Xfinity mobile and brought an old iPhone to activate my line as a BYOD. After activating my line out of curiosity pulled the Sim card out and put it in my old Moto X4 and it worked fine. I will say phone calls and data wouldn’t work at the same time but I think it’s because my phone is an older tech that won’t work with the technology Verizon/Xfinity network uses. I can’t promise anything but I think if you just pull the Sim card out of an active XM phone and swap it into the new 4a it should work fine. I would be very surprised if the pixel 4A wouldn’t work especially when the pixel phones are supported....

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

@Xmusername @Rachelb1 I know this won't help much but I'm going to try US Mobile for now so my 4a won't sit in a box for weeks while XM figures this out. From what I can see they have similar plan pricing and also use Verizon's network. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone starts having success with the 4a and then I'll consider switching to XM then.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here