Carlstrom's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2023 3:23 PM

Closed

WiFi Calling on my Galaxy 6 watch

I have purchased a Galaxy 6 watch, LTE, and are pairing it with a Galaxy S20+5G. The watch does make and receive calls when the phone is on and near the Watch (Bluetooth). My problem is making and receiving calls when the phone is turned off and I am at home where there are no cell phone towers near my house. My phone uses it's wifi when I am at home (I know this because if I lose power at home I can not make calls on my phone. I have set up my watch with WiFi and shows it is connected, with strong signal, but can not make calls. The watch dials out, but then shows the message (NO MOBILE NETWORKS AVAILABLE). Why can't I make calls using WiFi with my watch?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @Carlstrom! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear about the issues you are having with trying to use your smartwatch with Wi-Fi calling. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, but have been in contact with online help and visiting Xfinity store.  Just wondering if you can help me with a new question I have as a result of visiting the Xfinity Store.  My question is, if there is no cell tower coverage in the area I am in,  and if my Galaxy watch 6  switches to  WIFI,  Can I still make calls and receive calls  on WIFI even though there is  no cell tower coverage?  My watch does have LTE capabilities and was wondering if that capability switches  over to WIFI.  

Still have original problem , but now trying to get an answer regarding WIFI  capabilities on my watch.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out @Carlstrom. Do you have a cellular plan on the watch? I suggest to get in

touch with an Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team with the options below. 

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

To simplify my question,  If I am using my Galaxy 6 watch LTE model, and  f there are no cell phone towers available to me, can I make a call using WIFI  alone without connecting my watch to my phone through Bluetooth?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Great question, please reach out to the manufacture of that watch to get that information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

11 months ago

I agree this is a major issue. Another major issue is when you go to call on either the watch or your phone and it dials out for one second and immediately hangs up. You have to restart your devices every time this happens. For $150 a month, Xfinity mobile is beginning to prove to me that I made a mistake in provider choice. 

I'd recommend dropping Xfinity mobile in all honesty. They're too expensive for the lack thereof device options from them directly and the service coverage. I have 12 5G towers near me and my S22 Ultra NEVER connects to them. Its either LTE/4G or my works wifi or home wifi. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here