U

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 1:21 AM

Closed

Why XFINITY doesn't unlock the phone?

My wife phone was paid off on Oct 4th (it is Nov 2nd right now) it was supposed to be unlocked within 48 hours, it wasn't. She had to transfer her line on her work account, for then finding out the phone was locked. I opened a ticket 3 days ago, they tell me 48 hours and then 48 hours every time I call. It's ridiculous, she works at the hospital and she doesn't have a phone. Now it's Friday they said by Monday. I need to go buy a temp phone now for the weekend in case the hospital calls. Why doesn't xfinity sticks to their promises and unlocks it when it's paid off? Why is taking so long? What can be done to expedite the situation? Let's not mention how hard it is to talk to a live agent. I get multiple live calls a week about xfinity surveys but getting ahold of an agent through the automatic system takes a long time. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for your feedback, we can help, @user_vuziit! Here are the other unlock requirements to be aware of:
- At least 60 days must pass since your phone was activated.
- Your Xfinity Mobile account cannot have a past-due balance.
- Your phone cannot be reported lost, stolen, or involved in fraudulent activity.

If you believe you’ve met these requirements, but your phone is still locked, please chat with Xfinity Assistant.

Only the account holder, Primary user or a Manager on a phone’s original Xfinity Mobile account can request to have it unlocked.

For iPhones; after you’ve met all requirements to unlock your phone, please visit Apple support for steps to finish unlocking your iPhone. No additional steps are needed to complete the unlock process for newer Android devices. You can learn more about unlocking your Xfinity Mobile phone here.

2 Messages

11 months ago

We know the requirements.  Xfinity refuses to unlock our property.  When talking to the online chat, you get lied to.  Sent a message to Tom K's office, but still nothing.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here