U

Thursday, July 20th, 2023 6:19 PM

Closed

Why does Xfinity Train Its Employees To Shut of Internet For Difficult Customers?

Hi all: I have Xfinity cell and mobile. For months now, my mobile has had problems. I have no cell service for long periods of time several times per day. I cannot call, send texts, use the internet, nor use GPS. They sent me a new SIM card, but it hasn't changed anything.

Today, for the THIRD time, when I was on the chat with customer service expressing how frustrated and upset I was about my cell phone not working, and that they've continued to charge me monthly for a service they aren't providing, they have shut off my internet. Internet and cell are two different bills and two different things. Today, for example, the CS agent knew I had no cell reception and only had Wifi, but they shut off my Wifi so I couldn't continue to troubleshoot with them. The first time this happened, I thought perhaps it was a suspicious coincidence, but now that it has happened three times, I know they're doing it intentionally. I find it really shady and dangerous. Without any cell or internet, I cannot contact anyone in an emergency. All three times the internet has been restored within 5 minutes, but I think it's so wrong that their staff is doing this to retaliate against customers who are upset and who would need to take up their time for a resolution. Essentially they kick me off line so I have to start over with someone new. I don't know whether they're training their employees to do this, or their employees are doing it for "fun," but as a customer who feels I've already been treated horribly by this company, I've lost my patience and ability to accept this kind of behavior. I will be changing companies pronto.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

1 year ago

I am sorry to hear about the issue you had while on the phone with our representative. Can you please reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ Thanks, but I went to an Xfinity store and finally got assistance. I wish I had done that sooner instead of spending months with a non-working phone and wasting hours of my time with completely unhelpful online chat CSAs. Whoever you outsource that work to are awful. You'll be losing a customer because of their poor service. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here