U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 7:17 PM

Why are you so inept?

The time I wasted this week with your company. When the new iPhone comes out in September, I will be switching my cell service and my Wi-Fi at my home to T-Mobile (or another company) and here's why:

1. Monday, July 21: I had a question about my bill (I wanted to make sure that my mom, who passed away in June, had been removed from my account) as my current statement did not reflect that. I went into my local store as I have never had a problem interacting with them, and I do everything impossible not to have to call your customer service. After waiting a reasonable amount of time, the employee at the store was unable to resolve my issue and told me I needed to call 611. And she apologized for that, because obviously.
Issues: I've had my iPhone 13 Pro for almost 2 years, but in my account you have listed my old iPhone 11 that I no longer own; she was unable to activate my iPhone 13 Pro, therefore, was unable to drop my plan down to just one phone on the account, and furthermore was not able to put me on 5G.
2. So I went home and spent 40 minutes on the phone with your customer service people, and of course you can check my phone line and verify this. The guy I spoke to was very pleased with himself that he had fixed the issue and activated my phone, and then told me in order to complete the action, he would have to disconnect/hang up. Obviously, he did not complete the work. 
3. I went back into the store the next day, and the person there told me that the activation was pending and I just needed to wait.
4. What about my day, nothing changed, so I went back to the store. After sitting there for about a half an hour and not getting helped because they were so slammed, I went home.
5. Called 611 again yesterday (July 24) spent one hour and 10 minutes on the phone this time. By this time, I was so frustrated. At a certain point, probably about 40 minutes on this call, customer service just kept telling me I needed to use the app or go into the store. I had already explained to her that I've been to the store and that I was getting an error message in the app; when I asked to escalate the call, she refused to do that because she said her supervisor would just tell me to go to the store and/or use the app.
I am not really sure why I wasted so much time with this yesterday. But by the end of the call, I had already looked up plans and pricing for T-Mobile services. I'm just going to wait until I get a new phone so that's one less problem I might have to deal with the future. You're the worst. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

@user_ind4pm

Thanks for reaching out, this is not the experience we want our customer to have. I will be happy to assit you, please send me a DM

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here