U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2024 5:07 PM

Why am I signing in twice to pay my bill?

First off, I am involved in the audio-visual/tech field for 20 + years and am very tech literate, so do not suggest clearing my cache etc., this does not address the issue as it does not solve the problem.  I will sign in via my home pc or laptop to reference and view my billing statements, once done I will go to my current billing statement and hit the purple pay my bill tato be taken to the Bill Pay page, from there it will quickly cycle through some pages in which I ultimately end up at a screen that asks me to enter my password a 2nd time 🤷🏾‍♂️ after literally signing in to my account a few minutes before.  Why is this happening and what resolution is in place to address this as it seems to be an ongoing issue going back at least 2 years with no working solution offered on this Forum🤔 

Problem Solver

• 

514 Messages

5 months ago

@user_1b3a57 Same here. It's very annoying! From what I recall, this all started after they last overhauled their web site. Of every provider I have ever used to do business with, Xfinity's is the worst! It's a HOT MESS!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

user_1b3a57 Please let me know any troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. I'll be glad to help. If needed, you can disable Two Factor Verification. This was covered in great detail here https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/turn-off-two-factor-authentication/602daf9fc5375f08cd11f91e let me know if that helps. 

Problem Solver

• 

514 Messages

@XfinityThomasB Two factor has nothing to do with it. This is an issue where you login, and then go to another page on the site, asks you to login again. It seems to happen less now than it used to. But it does happen if say you login at the hub, then go to billing it asks you to login again. then other times might happen again on another area of the site.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ As the OP DreamSayerZ expressed:  This is not relative to 2 factor authentication/verification, this is relative to the billing tab itself "after the login"  Once I have logged in and I have pressed the billing tab, it takes me back to another portal to sign back in a second time to pay my bill, though I have already initially signed in the first time.  (Update: now we just get a blank screen when going to the billing portal) For a multibillion dollar corporation this unacceptable.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Let's take a closer look into this user_1b3a57

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here