lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2022 2:16 PM

Closed

Where's my Visa gift card? Incentive not showing up in tracker

I bought two iPhones in October to replace Google Pixels on existing XM lines.  The promo was for a $300 Visa gift card (for each) to be mailed 4-6 weeks after activation. The full price of the phones would be added to my monthly bill over 24 months. To date, I have not received the gift cards and neither shows up in the Xfinity incentive tracker.  I had online chats with 2 different Xfinity employees who confirmed my eligibility.  One said the gift cards would be mailed 90 days after activation.  Two weeks ago I called the incentive status number and a ticket was created and I was told it would take 5-7 business days.  I called today and the bot told me there was no ticket on file on my account!  I am now awaiting yet another callback but expect my frustration to continue.  I need help from one of the Xfinity employees who monitor this forum.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

2 years ago

Today (1/5/2022)my rebate finally showed up in the incentive tracker.  The message said:  "We hope you're enjoying your service! Good news, you've hit the mile marker for your $600 Prepaid Card. You can expect your Prepaid Card  within the next 2-4 weeks, and we'll update the status when it ships."

This was for the promotion that ran in October for iPhones 11 and 13.  The full price would be added to the monthly bill spread out over 24 months and a $300 Visa gift card (for each phone) would be shipped in 4-6 weeks.  I bought 2 phones and activated them on November 11th and 14th.  After about 5 weeks there was nothing showing up in the incentive tracker.  I did 2 online chats, both of which confirmed I was eligible for this promotion and that the gift cards would be shipped 90 days after activation but neither could explain why they were not appearing in the incentive tracker.  I then called the incentive tracker phone number and a ticket was created about 12/21.  (I waited about 40 minutes for the callback.)  I called again on 1/3 and the bot said there was no record of that ticket.  I had to wait about 50 minutes for the callback.  As noted in my previous post, I was told the rebates were approved on 12/29 and “went into processing” this week.  It would appear that the rebates don't show up in the incentive tracker until they are processed.  And it also appears that processing takes 6 weeks or longer, probably due to the sheer volume.

Based on the number of posts in this forum, a number of people are having the same issue.  I know how frustrating this is.  Don't give up!

1/6/22 update:  I received a pre-recorded phone call from Xfinity today saying that my prepaid Visa cards would be shipped within 14-21 days!

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

2 years ago

If you expect to receive a prepaid card as part of a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) promotional offer, you can check the status of your prepaid card about one week after activation of all required services.

If you traded in a phone and made a qualifying new phone purchase as part of a promotional offer, you should receive an email from Assurant letting you know the phone you traded in was received. This may take seven to 10 business days from when you shipped your old phone.

• To qualify for a Visa Prepaid Card, customers must meet all eligibility requirements for their specific promotion.
  • Customers must maintain the Xfinity Mobile device and/or line required throughout a 90-day qualifying period from the date of activation without interruption.
  • The Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing at the end of the 90-day qualifying period, which means the account cannot have a delinquent balance or be temporarily disconnected, and the customer cannot port out or disconnect their lines prior.
  • Visa Prepaid Cards are mailed approximately 16 to 18 weeks (120 days) after the Mobile activation date.

After you receive the email from Assurant, it could take up to eight weeks for the status of your prepaid card to appear in the Xfinity Incentive Tracker.

If you are not seeing your information in the Xfinity Incentive Tracker, Contact Us (either through the forums here or by other means) and we'll look into it for you. We have an escalation path regarding these types of situations and will work with the finance team to ensure your Gift Card is mailed out.

Please remember, the amount of time it takes for your information to appear varies based on the type and terms of the specific promotional offer.

Prepaid card issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa® U.S.A., Inc.

Prepaid cards expire 180 days from the date they are issued. There will be an expiration date printed on your card.

This comment was created from this reply

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@lmacmil I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these frustrations.

Xfinity Mobile support via this platform is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on https://comca.st/3qM7zN1.

Since your issue is more specific and regarding the status of a gift card, I would recommend contacting our Xfinity Mobile team directly. You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods for account specific issues:

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

@XfinityAbbie I have had two phone calls and two chats and that has not resolved my issue.  I have seen messages on this forum from other Xfinity employees that indicated they could provide assistance on this same issue, which many people are having.  The phone system makes it difficult to speak to an actual person and the bots are no help at all.  It's pretty clear to me that Xfinity is not equipped to handle the volume of responses they get to their promotions.  And it appears they don't care.

Edit:  I got a callback after about 50 minutes and was told the rebates were approved on 12/29 and “went into processing” this week.  I am hoping this is correct.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Similar issue here. The offer was shown on Dec but disappeared now.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @user_f4520f! I saw your other (original) public post, and have responded there to further assist with this issue. Thank you for reaching out to the community with your concerns!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am a new Xfinity Mobile customer, In order to switch from my existing provider I was offered a 300$ prepaid gift card. A few weeks ago I checked my status and saw that it was in process. I checked again today and it cannot be found. I tried the online chat and calling. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @UserXFin12345. Thanks for reaching out about needing help with this gift card. For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and sometimes posting on an old thread can delay getting help. 

I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3quXzcg and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have a similar matter. I upgraded my phone for the 13 pro max and was offered a promotion that was never received. The phone was on back order. Once I received it, I turned in my old phone (two weeks later). At that time (11/30), I was told that I would receive a $400-$450 dollar visa prepaid along with the phone value. I received the check for phone value but no prepaid gift card. I went to the store that promised the gift card. They reached out to incentives and said that the promotion was found and although it wasn’t available at the current time, I was eligible back when I traded. The representative gave me a ticket number and told me that I would receive the card within two weeks. I have received nothing. I’m on the phone with xfinity and the representative is telling me that I am not eligible and I will not get anything. I would not have upgraded had I known that I wouldn’t get the visa prepaid to help. I feel that xfinity has lied to me to get me to upgrade and is not keeping their word or promise of reward. I’ve paid off old phones and paid my bills. I should be rewarded

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

@user_a53e02

What did your order receipt say?  My receipt stated I would receive the $300 Visa card right as part of the sale.  Although my situation has been (apparently) resolved, my receipt is proof that I bought the phones under a promotion.   Good luck.

As of 1/12/22, the incentive tracker shows the status as "shipped."

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

THEY DELETE ONCE YOU START CALL OR TRACE THE INCENTIVE 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Hi I know you responded two months ago but I traced my visa card and it said shipped on March 3rd allow 2 to 4 weeks. But now I also have no record. Do u ever get the card or is ot a scam to get you to sign with them?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We also bought 2 new phones from xfinity and we’re told we would receive a 400 dollar gift card, this was 8/24/2021. We have reach out to xfinity, they tried to go to the web site that the promotion was to come from but site just happened to not work, we have called customer 2 times and emailed xfinityrewardcenter.com and still have not received what was promised, I am disappointed and will no longer believe them unless it’s in my HAND.

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Oh, no! Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums! I understand you were supposed to receive a promotional visa offer, from when you previously signed up with our Xfinity Mobile service, and you have still not received these rewards. I can most definitely imagine the concern behind this, especially if you ordered those phones! I recommend reaching out to Xfinity Mobile support team, as they would be more than happy to investigate this further. I have attached their contact information below. I hope this can be helpful, and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with, as we are available through this platform, 24/7. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Back in October 9th 2021  I purchased my iPhone 13 Pro Max Paid in full.
I ordered it through Xfinity because of the Visa Gift Card promotion. 
To date I have not received it nor have I received any status update what so ever. 
It has been 16+ weeks since purchase and 12+ weeks since activation
incidentally it has now disappeared off the gift card tracking system.
Can you please look into this.
Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, @leojen. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention via our Forums page. This is definitely not the experience we want for any of our customers. When possible, please out to one of our Xfinity Mobile experts so that they can look into the status of that gift card for you. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://comca.st/34PLHck

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@leojen​ this happen to me as well. It disappeared but xfinity sent me a notice saying I meet the requirement and card was shipped. But they all disappeared and customer service knows nothing. I believe it is a scam. 

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@user_582976

Hey there! Thank You for taking the time to post, here on the Community Forum. I assure you that our Visa Card offers are not a scam. I would be happy to do some research for you, if you like? Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I feel your frustration everytime I have to call Comcast knowing that chances are solutions will be offered but not followed thru on. I changed plans in December and qualified for a $200 gift card which the agent happily said she would email to me right away. Of course there were issues with the entire process of setting up the new package and when speaking with another agent she tells me that I didn't qualify for said gift card. EwgjMiss information runs rampant in their service department. 

Still Waiting

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@user_3faac4​ feel this is bait and switch. They think you will forget after 2 to 3 months. They do all this advertising get you in and then there is some technicality. So frustrating. So dishonest. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Hi, @user_3faac4. We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We definitely understand how something like this would be frustrating and it would be our pleasure to take a look at your promotion and account in order to see if we can find what happened. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so that we can assist you further. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Where is the "Peer to peer chat" icon?

Next to your name I see 5 icons.

Non are called "Peer to peer" See below:

In the upper right hand corner of this page I see another called "Direct Messaging"  I will try that since it is the closest to what you are describing. 

1st Reply

Conversation Starter

Conversation Starter

1st Kudo

1st Kudo

Expressive Exchange

Expressive Exchange

1st Best Answer

1st Best Answer

Rousing Reactor

Rousing Reactor

Discussion Driver

Discussion Driver

Good Samaritan

Good Samaritan

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_3faac4​  Totally agree without you. Calling or messaging Xfinity through the app is a nightmare as well. It takes about 30mins (not an exaggeration) just to verify the account.

As a result of how slow/poor their in-app custom support is, every time I have to contact them the first message I send to the agent says “My name is Colton Salaz, I’m the account holder. Last four of CC is XXXX.” Because that’s what they need in order to verify you in their system. But because they take forever to respond to the most simple questions, I pre-empt them with the required info before they Ask. Usually this doesn’t save me any time, but I feel 

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

2 years ago

My Visa gift card was in my mail when I returned from vacation on 2/14.  I had received a phone call on 1/6 saying it would be shipped within 7-14 days and the status on the incentive tracker showed shipped as of 1/12.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have not received the gift card and neither shows up in the Xfinity incentive tracker. I bought the phones in December 2021, I was told that I would receive a $450 dollar visa prepaid each phone along with the phone value. I received the check for phone value but no prepaid gift card, is anyone can help me?

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

@user_a232b2​ Call the number on the incentive tracking site and get a ticket created.  I think that's the key to getting something moving.  FWIW, I bought my phones in October, activated them in November and didn't get my Visa card until late January/early February (I don't know the exact date.)  It seems they are very slow issuing the Visa cards.

Official Employee

• 

938 Messages

@user_a232b2 Thank you for sharing about the missing prepaid cards. I can help sort this out for us. I will have to submit a request for my research team and they will be able to locate the cards and reissue them if needed. Please send a direct message to Xfinity support with your name and service address. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@lmacmil​ I see the rebate in the incentive tracker now. But it says “pending eligibility completion” which is odd. The requirements were: keep line open for over 90 days, bring your own phone, and account must be in good standing and not terminated. I’ve completed all those. It’s just so frustrating. I can’t find the number to incentive tracking. I sent them a message in their website three times and nothing. No response. I sent a email  two weeks ago 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I sent a message and no one has got back to me. @lmacmil​ I see the rebate in the incentive tracker now. But it says “pending eligibility completion” which is odd. The requirements were: keep line open for over 90 days, bring your own phone, and account must be in good standing and not terminated. I’ve completed all those. It’s just so frustrating. I can’t find the number to incentive tracking. I sent them a message in their website three times and nothing. No response. I sent a email  two weeks ago 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also had this same issue, I called xfinity 3 weeks ago and a ticket was created and they had said it would take 5-7 days to see a status. After the 7th day I did not see any updates so I gave it another week before I called Xfinity again, 5 days ago I finally see a status on xfinity incentive tracker for the $300 rebate card. It says I’ve been qualified and will receive my card 2-4 weeks. I feel like the rebate card won’t start a progress unless you call and create a ticket. 

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

2 years ago

I had the same kind of issue that was just resolved tonight with a $450 credit to my mobile account when I got a call back from a woman from the Comcast Corporate Installations Team.  She verified all of my information and I had the credit immediately.

I suggest that people having these issues go to this link and submit your information.  It will tell you that someone will get back to you within 3-5 business days.  I'm pretty confident this is what got me my call back tonight.  https://xfinityincentivetracker.com/contact

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@jlczuk​ yeah that’s not the same as what majority of us are experiencing. We aren’t waiting on a credit to our account. We qualified for a promotion to actually receive a Visa gift card with money we can spend. I wish it was as easy as having it credited to my account. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here, ordered two iPhone 13 pros in September on the preorder deal. Comcast “reps” overseas on the chat just lie to you saying it’s coming but nothing ever gets done. I’m so done with xfinity mobile, I’m going to switch carriers.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@mcarpent87​ Very frustrating. I have 3 open escalated tickets they keep saying wait a couple of weeks. I guess they hope I will give up. Well maybe I will give up all together. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @mcarpent87! I know I'd be excited to get my Visa card so I want to make sure we get to the bottom of this. Have you checked the incentive tracker here?

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Hey, @leojen! I apologize to hear that you are still having issues with this promotion. If you would like us to have a look into those tickets to see if we can get you any updates please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here