L

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 9:38 PM

what is this "Now" for mobile? Is it much cheaper ($25/month for unlimited?) it is under xfinity.com/now/mobile

my grandfathered cheaper xfinity mobile's $12/GB By_The_Gig  is gone, I am looking for some cheaper data plan. I see this new comcast's NOW service https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile  when I tried to login, it says I don't have the service. How do I sign up and where to find the list of plan prices (I only see $25/month for unlimited)?

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

5 months ago

longtime_customer Hello, I am happy to help, by going over our awesome NOW service. As long as you subscribe to NOW Internet or Xfinity Internet, you have the option to add a prepaid mobile plan from NOW Mobile. There’s no credit check or annual contract. Just pay in advance and start using NOW Mobile in minutes when you bring your own phone. Or you can shop our selection of devices. You can turn off automatic payments at any time and enjoy service until the end of the month. You won’t be charged again until you resume your service. You can visit https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile for more information.

I do have both Xfinity Internet and xfinity mobile. couple of questions:

1. How can I switch current xfinity mobile to the NOW for cheaper price? I see there is "bring my phone" option, is there any interruption for the phone service when I do that?

2. I assume the cell signal's coverage is still from Verizon, so there are no disadvantages switching from xfinity mobile to Now and the advantage is cheaper price for unlimited data, is that correct?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@longtime_customer For clarification, NOW Mobile requires NOW Internet or any tier of Xfinity Internet. If you choose to switch to NOW Internet, we would disconnect the internet service. You would have to return any equipment, and swap it out with NOW Internet equipment.

You can downgrade your Xfinity Mobile to the NOW Mobile. Follow the prompts at: https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile. It will ask in the order process if you want to keep your number. Do not cancel your Xfinity Mobile account before because you can lose your number. It is possible to have an interruption while it transfers, but you may not notice it.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

@XfinityLinda I do currently have both "xfinity mobile" AND "xfinity internet". The "xfinity internet" is just the old comcast cable internet. Are you saying that I have to cancel my current "xfinity internet" and switch to "Now Internet" in order to have the Now Mobile?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

longtime_customer Great question! Yes, if you decide to go with NOW Internet, we would set your service to disconnect, this can be future-dated to minimize down-time. You also have to have Xfinity internet to have NOW Mobile. You don't have to have NOW Internet to have Now Mobile. This is mentioned in this link scroll to the Eligibility section.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

@XfinityLinda​ from your answer "Follow the prompts at: https://www.xfinity.com/now/mobile. It will ask in the order process if you want to keep your number.", I don't see any prompt, don't see "downgrade", after I clicked "bring your own phone" it asked me to sign in, after I signed in, it does not display anything.  

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

5 months ago

Be aware that Xfinity Now Mobile may be a good option, but it has some limits/cons:

1.) High speed data is limited to 20GB

2.) Hot spot is limited to 600kbps

3.) No roaming, except for Canada and Mexico option/adder for $5/month

4.) No cellular watch option

5.) Xfinity hotspot use is not included, but can be added

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

5 months ago

Also note that NOW Internet requires use of the Comcast gateway (XB3), which is provided free of charge with the service; you can not use a third-party cable modem, but you can run the XB3 in bridge mode and connect your own wi-fi router if you prefer.

You also are not eligible for NOW Internet if you currently subscribe to any other Xfinity services (other than NOW Mobile).

5 months ago

update report: I went to my local comcast store in California, the service person Juan said that he talked to the  manager and the conclusion:  I can not change the "xfinity mobile" to Now. The only way for me to do is to cancel "xfinity mobile" and port out to a competitor and then port back to "xfinity Now". I asked that since there are many other cheaper prepaid competitors, why should I move to "xfinity now", he said "it is up to you"! 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

longtime_customer, I'm glad you were able to work with our in-store team. I know NOW Mobile is an exciting new service we're rolling out, and I love that Xfinity is always working to add products that appeal to all kinds of customers. Were you interested in moving forward with NOW Mobile? 

@XfinityMarcos​ Your  in-store team did not help at all. First I called xfinity mobile support with a voice call, Boby was the one who answered, I was on hold for a few times so that she could talk to a few people, she finally said that I should go to the local comcast store and they will take care of it. So I did drive to the local comcast store and talked to Juan Fernandez, and he asked me to wait and he went back office to talk to his manager. He came back and told me that since I am a long time comcast customer I can not do it. The only way to move from "xfinity mobile" to "xfinity Now" is to port out, I did ask to talk to his manager's manager, he said that no one can solve the problem. The only way is to quit xfinity. So I am currently experimenting with other provider as a second esim for data so at least my "xfinity mobile" bill will not be $173 like this month.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

longtime_customer, I'm sorry you were given those expectations and took the time to go to a store to end up with the results you weren't looking for. It is true, at this time Xfinity Mobile customers aren't elgible for NOW Mobile, and you would need to disconnect your Xfinity Mobile service to start NOW Mobile. We are working to make a downgradeable option available, but at this time I don't have a way to make the change for you. Was our Mobile team able to help with your initial Mobile Shared Data billing questions? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here