R

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 10:13 AM

What data is available when traveling to Canada, with premium plus plan?

I bought four phone lines, one for my girlfriend in Canada. I was told she would have 50 gigs (in amount) of high speed (5G) data. Two agents confirmed this for me, and even told me the towers she would have access to. Now her data is so slow, she cannot use the phone at all for data. The next three agents I spoke to have given me three different answers on what the data will be for Canada. What is the plan? And why can’t I have what I was promised when I bought it?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

4 months ago

Unfortunately XM does not guarantee good call or data connectivity in Canada or any other Country. Wait a second, they can say the same thing about the U.S. The problem with all XM roaming is location, location, location, and each of the multiple international carriers in each country have their own limits and coverage issues over which XM has no control. 

Here is XM’s support page: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/call-pass-mexico-canada

Many users have found the same issue when using the Global Pass. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Greetings, @Rgmackjr! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about Xfinity Mobile's Unlimited Plus plan.

According to our website (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/call-pass-mexico-canada), Unlimited Plus includes up to 5 GB of data at 5G or 4G LTE speeds and then unlimited data at up to 256 Kbps for the remainder of your billing cycle while traveling in Canada. If your girlfriend's data connection has slowed down, it's possible she may have exceeded the initial 5 GB level. You may need to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team by calling or texting 1-888-936-4968, or using our secure online chat (https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile) to see if this slowdown was part of the normal pattern, or if something else may be happening.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

We are from Maryland and have Xfinity Unlimited for 3 lines.  We were told by Xfinity sales that with the Unlimited plan, we would get unlimited data at no extra cost when we traveled to Mexico & Canada.

When we entered Canada (Quebec), we lost the use of Data, and have been led in circles by Xfinity customer support, spending hours on the phone, getting told something different each time we call them.

We use mobile data for GPS navigation on our phones and are travelling blind, unless we find a Wi-Fi spot to plan a route, and if we vary even slightly from the set route, the GPS app will try to go to the Internet to redirect and without a connection, the whole route gets erased and we are left stranded with blank un-annotated maps and can't find where to drive.

When we return home from our trip, we are strongly thinking to switch to a different phone company.  Xfinity marketing needs to get on the same page with customer support and stop losing customers for selling them a lie.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

user_84273c thanks for reaching out today via Community Forums. I would be more than happy to assist you with your usage related questions and concerns. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

@user_84273c​ the nice thing about google maps is you can download for offline use just for your information

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here