K

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 12th, 2023 9:41 PM

Closed

Voicemail redirect/forward to xfinity voicemail app

Activated a new unlocked phone on my service.  Customer Service and Advanced Services were finally (after 3 days of multiple calls) able to activate my voicemail, but only by using *86 from keypad.  They are unable to redirect voicemails to either of the installed voicemail apps on my cell (xfinity voicemail app; phone's voicemail app).  Hoping someone here can assist.  Cannot endure one more marathon phone call, restating problem AGAIN, having to convince Customer Service the matter must be handled by Advanced Services, explaining problem statement AGAIN when I'm finally transferred, and after rep cannot fix the problem...call is dropped.  Frustrated and tempted to return to high-cost Verizon.  Never had this problem with VW and at least was able to get to a customer service rep when needed.  

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @KDUforum I appreciate you taking time out of your day to reach out, and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please contact our Xfinity Mobile experts by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have spent over HOURS over a 4 day period on this issue.  Neither the general support line or Advanced Services can resolve it.  Because you can dial *86, they deem it operational.    I have 3 phones on my service, and none have operational voice mail apps:   (1) The 2.10.0.006 version of the xfinity visual voicemail app is not compatible with our S22, S10 or S9.  Additionally none of our phone voicemail apps are not operational.    All 3 phones on my service no longer have access to a voicemail app.  

I cannot endure one more phone call.  Please have technical/development correct and provide an update!

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

If you do not want to speak by phone please message the Xfinity Mobile chat team. They are the only group that handles all Xfinity mobile accounts and devices.

Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile&linkId=115717101

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

So now it's July 2023 and I'm having this same problem. I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra which I purchased from Samsung in 2022.

I spoke to customer service and they are still no help. I read that the update to the 2.10 version didn't work and I should find the 2.9 version on an APK. I don't know what that is. The app is now 2.11. Why is this still a problem? 

I done everything, cleared the cache, the data, cleared the partition cache. Uninstall, reinstalled. This is so aggravating. Also, how is it no one in customer service knows anything about this issue, and that's after spending hours on the phone with them.

Maybe it's time to go back to Verizon or explore other options for a new carrier. Xfinity is playing stupid about this problem that's been going on with some customers since 2020.

Official Employee

• 

476 Messages

Good evening user_6449fe. You mentioned you spoke to customer service about this issue, was that our mobile customer service team or Samsung's? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here