U

Sunday, August 6th, 2023 12:32 PM

Closed

voicemail not working with Samsung 9+

The voicemail app on this phone stopped providing notifications, even though I "allowed notifications" from the app. I was able to get voicemail manually by opening up the app, but I require real time notifications for work purposes. I called the Xfinity support number to see if they could help. Xfinity reset my voicemail and made things worse. Now the app does not open at all, and I need to call #86 and put in a password every time I think I may have a message. I have tried the following steps with your tech support to resolve the issue:
  • uninstalling the app (not allowed since it comes with the phone)
  • Updating the app (I was already up to date)
  • Updating phone software (I was already up to date)
  • resetting the network (didn't help)
  • physically driving to the Xfinity store to see what they could do (they are at a loss)*
*When I went to the local Xfinity store  they tried to initiate a chat with your advanced tech support, but the chat kept disconnecting every 8 minutes of being on hold.
I sent an email to Xfinity support at [Edited: "Personal Information"] (two weeks ago) and did not get a response.  I would appreciate any help at all. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there @user_9289a8

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

2 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ Someone from Xfinity's executive support did some troubleshooting. He initially denied that Xfinity's intervention created the additional issue of voicemail not opening at all. After an hour of troubleshooting, he reset something and we did get the app to open.  He said that Samsung is no longer supporting the app, so I should reach out to them. In the process of not having a good voicemail app, I downloaded YouMail and will use that as my primary voicemail. It seems like a shallow victory that we got the Voicemail app to open, but I did find something that works for me until I get a new cell phone (which Xfinity tried to sell me in several conversations). 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

I'm glad that you were able to get in contact with a support agent who was able to assist you and provide accurate information. I'm thrilled you were able to find an alternative Voicemail app. We appreciate the update and I hope you have a great rest of your week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

You stated Notifications is on for the voicemail app. Check again, but note that a lot of apps in Android settings have hidden/not obvious submenus. Go to the Voicemail app's settings, click Notifications, make sure the slider is on. Below "show notifications", there might be other settings with sliders such as "General notifications" and "Voicemails". Those have hidden menus. Click the text (not the slider) of each of those settings and make sure it's set to Alert and not Silent and that it has the Sound that you want (and not Silent as well). You can then set whether you want Vibrate, App icon badges, etc..

If that doesn't work, go to the Google Play Store and download the "Xfinity Mobile Voicemail". You can use that app instead, but there's also an option within the app to either use their app or the one Samsung provides. If you toggle it, I believe it resets the Samsung Voicemail app and and when you launch the app you will have to go through setup again.

Good luck.

1 Message

Xfinity Voicemail App doesn't work either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@msdeelaw Can you try the built-in voicemail app that came with your Samsung device? There have been changes to the Xfinity Voicemail App so you'll want to see if the voicemail functions using the voicemail feature that was installed when you purchased your device.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

11 months ago

Go to settings, click on apps, click on voicemail and go to storage and clear cache and data from voicemail. This instantly worked and voicemail is set up again and working. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here