U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 8th, 2022 9:51 PM

Closed

Visa card scam

I believe Xfinity is scamming their customers by promising them 100.00 visa cards if they switch to their service. When you complete the 90 day requirement to receive the card, they tell you that the promo has expired and you are no longer eligible. Problem with that is the customer rep hooked you in to switch over companies and promised that you will received the gift card.

No use trying to call customer service, they give you the run around and tell you they forward the message to their managers. They won't even let you talk to one. 

I think it would be best to call the corporate office and bypass customer service or the messag

es you receive in here about them trying to help you. So far I have not heard anything positive about the promo. All Ive heard is that individuals who have been signed  into this  "promo" are having a difficult time getting what was promised to them, myself included.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_f3dfd4, thanks for reaching out for help with your account and promotions. This is definitely not the experience we wish for our customers to have, and I will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ there is no direct message icon....

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

i feel your pain, but 3x as i was promised $300 for switch internet and mobile.....look at the companys that are respectable, when done with a chat, they give you option to foward whole conversation to your email! xfinity doesn't, hmm wonder why? would solve a lot of issues. nothing but liars!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

That is so true! I have been asking to speak with there higher ups but no one can help or they are unwilling to provide the information. 

I truly believe that they scam people to get them to switch companies and then find some loophole to prevent having to provide the incentive that was promised for switching.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am going through the same thing.  

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry for your experience and I would like to follow up to make sure you get your card. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

IT IS A HUGE SCAM ! Do not believe these liars ! Switching from T-Mobile to Xfinity I was promised a $200 VISA GIFT CARD  I switched !!!! LYE LYE LYE this goes back to March 17th 2022 They have NOW sent it 3 times and I never received it !! I asked the rep to put the manager on and he said the same thing ! DO NOT !! Get tricked into switching with these LIARS !!

And yes I have :

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

A BIG NOTHING BURGER !! They screwed me out of my Grandfathered account with T-Mobile !

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have received exactly the same run around!  I have made at least 8 phone calls and tried the incentive tracker on line. I have been told different stories with each call I have made.  It is obvious that with each time I am put off with the comment, "my supervisor will call you".  I just hung up after talking to an agent who promised his supervisor will call me within an hour.  THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I'VE BEEN TOLD THIS!! NOT ONCE, HAVE I GOTTEN A CALL BACK!  WHO WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS??

LE FOR THIS?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

We can look into your visa card promotion. Please send a private message. 

Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

lol... i was promised $300 for each line i brought over from tmobile. now being told they were only ever eligible for $100 each after 90 days.

[Edited: "Language"]

Will be contacting corporate and the FCC

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Trust me, after speaking to so many people regarding it, it's so sad to hear " We value your service with Xfinity" Yet can't even seem to answer what is going on with that. First I was told that they would be mailed out with our sim cards & they were not. Called about it the same day and asked where they were & said they would be mailed within 1-2 weeks, that passes & I contact the service website for them & was told to wait until Dec 1st for them & guess what? NOTHING. So I called about it again to be finally told that it was 90 days & then 16-18 weeks added. So I asked why agents were pressing people to switch and they couldn't answer that and I was transferred 3 times during a 1 hour period to be asked for my email to supposedly have those gift cards emailed within 20 minutes. Yeah it's been 1 hour in and I'm still calling about where they are and why agents are lying about the time & clearly lying about those cards being emailed. Been dealing with this for almost 2 and a half hours and no one seems to really know what to say at this point.

Imagine being pressed to switch because agents lied about gift cards being sent out & then lied to over and over with 0 help regarding what is even going on.

I'm on the phone for the 4th time again today, while trying to talk to someone online about it, but no one realllllly get's the big picture as to why everyone is upset over the situation. 

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Oh....so the phones work despite the "third party issues" message saying they don't work?? That's good to know. Guess I'll be making a call then. But by the sounds of it I won't get any further with any of my issues that also gave proved to be nothing but empty promises. 

Ugh. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Jadusica​ Yeah I just kept click mobile services on the website and they'll call you, didn't do that the first time around since apparently they haven't been able to take calls for the past few days. I guess not since I'm on hold right now as we speak.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Nice. Thanks for the heads up! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_063f85. I apologize for the time it has taken to getting the gift card shipped out to you. I'd be more than happy to review your account to check on the status of this for you.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here