U

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 12:19 PM

Closed

Urgent: Blacklisted lost or stolen phone.

Two weeks ago on a walk with dogs I lost my phone.  I posted my lost phone on a local app called Next Door but with little hope my Pixel Pro 7 being returned.  In this time I'd reported this to Xfinity via online and filed a claim to receive a new phone since I rely on my phone for work and as my only phone line. Xfinity service up to this point was user friendly, convenient and just fantastic. Within 36 hrs of losing my phone it was found and returned by a sweet couple.  I called Xfinity that day to get my phone which had been turned off reactivated now that it was back in my possession.  This process only took a few minutes and again no issues.  Fast forward exactly two weeks and I can't send or receive phone calls or messages for some reason.  I call Xfinity and they inform me that my phone was reported lost and has been blacklisted.  I was surprised since I literally called Xfinity Customer service minutes after it was found to inform them and get phone reactivate for use. I also reached out to Assurant  ( where I filed my claim for a new phone) to start the process of returning the new phone and hadn't received yet for a refund of the amount paid. I work from home and my phone is used as a form of authentication when I log into my work laptop.  I've already lost one day of work and while Xfinity customer service reps have been nice the 7 times we've spoken so far, noone is really offering a solution other than to wait 72 hours. After reading post here I'm not confident is this blacklist removal process or that time frame.  This is honestly unacceptable and is really souring what was a great 6yrs mobile relationship with Xfinity.  Please help, I need a solution.  

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Your insurance claim was already completed, no need to undo it. Transfer the info from your old phone to the new one, sell the old one on eBay or something and make sure to mention it is blacklisted on Xfinity/VZW.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_b27c91.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Text Message: 888-936-4968
Phone: 888-936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here