B

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 29th, 2023 8:44 PM

Closed

Unresolved Refund Issue for Returned iPhone and Inaccurate Billing

Dear Xfinity Mobile Customer Service,

I am writing to express my ongoing frustration with the unresolved refund issue I have been facing since December 2022. Despite numerous interactions with your customer service representatives, the problem remains unresolved. I have yet to receive the promised refund of $235.99 for the returned iPhone 14, which was returned within the 14-day policy and acknowledged by your company. 

I have been patient and cooperative, but the lack of resolution has left me with no choice but to consider seeking legal advice on this matter. I sincerely hope that we can resolve this issue without resorting to legal action, as I believe that it is in the best interest of both parties to settle this matter amicably.

I kindly request that you escalate this issue to the appropriate department and prioritize the processing of my refund.  I am prepared to show documentation substantiating the unresolved charges and receipt of successful return, however, in my more than 60 communications with Xfinity, I am confident that all the documentation is reflected on Xfinity's end is well.  If I do not receive a satisfactory response and resolution within the next [specific time frame, e.g., 7 business days], I will have no choice but to explore my legal options.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to a swift and satisfactory resolution.

1. December 2022: Decided to switch mobile service providers from T-Mobile to Xfinity Mobile to join a family plan. Intended to keep my iPhone 14 plus and original phone number.
  2. December 2022: Called Xfinity Mobile to initiate the transfer process, providing account and PIN information.
  3. December 2022: Transferred phone and phone number to the new plan.
  4. December 2022: Encountered difficulties recovering the original phone number.
  5. January 2nd: Lost service on the iPhone 14 with T-Mobile as Xfinity had requested the phone number.
  6. January 4th: Xfinity Mobile informed me that by 6 pm, my phone should be good to go, but the issue persisted.
  7. January 6th: Advised to visit the nearest Xfinity store for assistance with eSIM installation and activation. Purchased a temporary Xfinity Mobile iPhone 14 to maintain service, with the understanding that a full refund would be provided if returned within 14 days.
  8. Between January 6th and 18th: Checked with the in-store representative, contacted Xfinity Mobile service over 20 times, found that T-Mobile phones were not compatible with Xfinity. Decided to join a Verizon family plan with my T-Mobile phone and returned the Xfinity Mobile iPhone 14.
  9. January 18th: Received an email confirming Xfinity Mobile's receipt of the returned phone (FedEx Tracking Number: 7965 5133 8079).
  10. February 6th: Charged a monthly bill of $101.93.
  11. February 14th: Contacted Xfinity Chat Support about the missing refund of $235.99. They said it would arrive within a few days.
  12. March 8th: Called Xfinity, who opened a case upon confirming their warehouse received the phone. They promised a refund.
  13. March 9th: Was charged by Xfinity for phone service bill for $38.74. Was refunded by Xfinity for $38.74.
  14. Between March 8th and April 2nd: Spoke with Xfinity Mobile Support four more times regarding the missing refund, but it still wasn't received.
  15. Unknown date: Contacted Xfinity Mobile to check the status of the $235.99 refund. Representative assured that the refund would be credited within 5-7 business days and advised visiting the Xfinity store if it didn't arrive.
  16. April 2nd: Still no refund. Call representative said to expect the refund of $134.06 and $101 by April 8th.
  17. April 10th: Still no refund. Xfinity rep claimed that refunds of $134.06 and $101.93 were already given on January 15th and January 4th, respectively.
  18. April 29th: Filed complaint with FCC via their website and General Consumer Complaint via their website. Requested legal advice via email with a law group.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @badstar77, I'm truly sorry to hear about the circumstances. 

It sounds like you may already have an assigned point of contact and/or ticket with the Executive team for the FCC ticket, in which case that Executive team member is your specific and dedicated point of contact for this issue and will have called and left a voicemail, or sent an email, with their direct contact information. It looks like there is a non-emergency legal response team that may be of further assistance to you and/or your law group, as well: Comcast PSAP Support. We want to ensure that this is resolved for you, and appreciate you letting us know about the situation. If you do not have an FCC ticket and/or ticket with the Executive team, please let us know. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here