U

Friday, October 20th, 2023 8:41 PM

Closed

Unlocking SIM for a device

Hello, I have been through hell and back to try to get the SIM unlocked on a device that I have already paid off. I have talked to more agents than I can count on all my fingers and toes and received every excuse under the sun for why this has not been taken care of. I just want to talk to a rep in the states that can get me results today. This has been an ongoing issue for about 12 days now. Every time the issue is "resolved" I need to wait another 48 hours for the request to go through. Which is usually followed up with some reason they messed up the request and now we have to start it all over again. I'm fed up with the waiting and the incompetence. I paid for this device and not unlocking it is against the law. I'm very close to contacting the Federal Communications Commission. This is beyond ridiculous. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there @user_e9w2jp I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience trying to get that unlocked. Unfortunately we cannot do that for you here as we do not handle Xfinity Mobile, we do not have access to any of their systems. You will need to work with the mobile team who can be contacted Monday through Friday during standard business hours 1 (800) 934-6489

2 Messages

Why even have a forum page for Xfinity mobile if you’re just going to send us to the call center? Thanks for nothing as per usual. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

We can answer basic questions but as of right now, the systems are exclusive to the mobile support team. I am sorry you have had a poor experience but I am confident they can get it right! Enjoy your day.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here