U

Monday, October 2nd, 2023 1:28 AM

Closed

Unlocking phone

Hi, it's Xfinity Assistant.

Thanks for contacting us today. We've opened case number [Edited: "Personal Information"] regarding your Xfinity Mobile Device Unlock Request for [Edited: "Personal Information"]. You'll hear from us with a status update in the next 48 hours.

TxtHelpOrStop

Msg&DataRatesMayApply

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Greetings, @user_ki1u3y! I want to be sure your Xfinity Mobile Device Unlock Request is resolved. Have you received an update or tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where a Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yes I reached out on Saturday and have contacted them everyday since then. I still have not received an email and the phone is still not unlocked. It's completely paid off and I sold it to my buddy because his phone broke and he lives up in the mountains. He took it to Verizon to have it activated on his line and they said there's a network lock from Xfinity. So I called Saturday and they promised resolution within 48 hours and it's now Tuesday night in California. Still no resolution still no email nothing. Phone is clean IMEI that I purchased from them and is paid in full and I've never missed a payment or had any late payments ever.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_ki1u3y, you're a pretty good friend to help your buddy like that, and I totally see why it's important to get your device unlocked so they can use the phone. I can't imagine being without mine, so I can only imagine what your friend is going through without a device. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited, but I can still make sure you get the support you need. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here