U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 24th, 2023 3:41 PM

Closed

Unlock phone

I am beyond frustrated at this point.  I paid off my cell phone early in order to finally leave the poor coverage of Xfinity.  I was supposed to be sent an unlock email, which I never got.  On Friday 4/21/23 at about 6:15am I contacted Xfinity by chat because I had lost my cell service trying to transfer my number. 

I was told it would take no more than 24 hours to be sent the unlock code and that most times it was quicker.  On Saturday after about 26 hours, I was told that I was lied to and it is 24-72 hours not counting the weekend.  That evening I was able to borrow a phone and call, I was then told it was escalated to the "back end team".  It is now over 93 hours since I was told it would take 24 hours, this is impacting my work and family since I can't connect my phone to my new QUALITY service provider.

I again contacted chat this morning.  I was told they had a problem on their side.  I was repeatedly apologized but no solution was offered. 

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_72a182 thank you for reaching out to Xfinity through our Forums! I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

I have to ask that you please try calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reach out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

XFINITY WILL NOT UNLOCK MY PHONE EITHER! I PAID IT OFF morning of 7/12! why do they get away with this!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

this same thing is happening to me!! 7/7 i switched to different (preferrred cell phone service) and xfinity (former service) has yet to unlock my phone! i cannot believe how HORRIBLE xfinity is. i cannot understand why they are allowed to be so terribly awful!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here