U

Thursday, September 7th, 2023 8:13 PM

Closed

Unlock Phone for Study Abroad

My daughter is studying abroad. We purchased a new mobile phone on a 2 year agreed payment plan. We cannot pay the phone off early without a penalty. I was told by two different representatives that after 60 days we can request a temporary unlock for a student studying abroad. I have made that request and am now being told we have to pay $10 a day for international use. She will be abroad for 4 months, that is $1200! I would not have purchased the new phone if this was going to be an issue. We have been with Xfinity for over 23 years. This is unacceptable. Please help. We need a 4 month unlock.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

Here's a link to our Xfinity Mobile website https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support.

While we're checking on your account, are your other Xfinity services working all right for you? Do you have any other concerns I can help with? -Krista

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

We are in the exact situation!!!  Were you able to get this resolved?

2 Messages

In the end we ended up having to pay off the phone. It totally sucked but lesson learned. Ultimately none of the employees really know the details of this, so you have to read the fine print. After lots and lots and lots of complaining for two weeks straight I was able to get a credit for a good chunk of what we lost by losing the promotion rate but only because we’ve been with Xfinity for over 20 years. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hey there, @cedewitt ! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! I do see the user did reply with the best option to resolve the issue, does that help with your concerns? If you do need further assistance we do recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile experts. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here