U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 2:15 AM

Closed

Unable to add Global travel pass

I kept getting an error from trying to add a global travel pass to my number on the Xfinity mobile app and website. Talked to couple agents and was told that my order was stuck for whatever reason, not sure what order do I have. They all did the same thing by canceling the "pending" order and said a global travel pass has been added to my number. However, I see the global travel pass option is still turned off on my account but decided to trust what the agent said about the travel pass had been added.

While I was traveling, I was able to make calls and use my mobile data. However, I saw extra charges for roaming data outside of U.S. on my bill when I am back to U.S.

Made another call to the customer agent and got the bill adjusted but she wasn't able to tell why I got charged extra when she saw a global travel pass has been added from her end and said there was a glitch in the system. From my experience of speaking with multiple agents on this issue, none of them knew what happened and kept saying issue has been "resolved". I am not sure why none of them would raise the issue to the technical team since they had no idea about the issue and kept saying that "please rest assured, it has been resolved".

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_682e45 Hello ,thank you so much for taking the time to DM us. Due to account security, we are limited on access to your Xfinity Mobile Account here on Social Media and we do recommend reaching out to our experts to ensure your concern is resolved. You can reach them by texting or calling 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat with an expert here https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile.   

Just to verify, were they able to finally get the travel pass added to your account and then also waive the fees, or did they only waive the fees?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAbbie​ They did waived my fees for the extra charges but the problem with my global travel pass not showing on my account still remains unresolved. I had already talked to more than 5 agents and none of them seem to understand what was the cause. Each call took around 45 mins to review my issue but with no real fix. I am not even sure who should I talk to now regarding this issue.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

I'm glad that they were able to get the fee waived for you. The issue with the Global Travel pass not showing on the account sounds like it is a complicated issue at the least with the number of calls that you said you have made thus far. Because of the security issues with working with Xfinity Mobile accounts over social media working with the experts on the XM team is the way to go. Since you have spoken over the phone I will point you to another option our 24/7 online chat support xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here