VitaminE's profile

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

Friday, July 21st, 2023 2:43 PM

Closed

Uber app

I downloaded the Uber app to my cell phone. I can't access the app. I get a "connection" message. I purchased this cell phone at an xfinity service center in 2018. I wonder if I need a new phone to use this app. I can access my Uber account on my PC. When I searched for this problem, I found that many other users had the same problem, but it was not clear that all of them, if any, involved xfinity mobile.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @VitaminE. Can I please confirm the make/model and OS that you are runnning on the device attempting to access the Uber app? Thank you for reaching out!

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ 

I found the below in the "settings."

LG-M322

Hardware Version: Rev. 1.0

Android Version: 7.0

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Awesome! All of these specs meet their required for operation. Are you able to access the internet on this device? I was also curious if other apps are working? This does not seem to be carrier specific just the device in general. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ 

I can use other apps, including Xfinity. It's Uber that seems stuck on my device.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hmm, that is extremely strange. Unfortunately, we would need to steer you to Uber in order to report this issue. Our team is only able to help if there is something wrong related to your Xfinity service. There should be some team that handles collecting these reported issues with Uber. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

255 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ Thanks. I'll check with Uber. I'll also take my phone to a local Xfinity center. It may be time for new phone.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here