jwxf2020's profile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 6:18 PM

Closed

Trade-In Scam

I have been an XM customer for several years now. I had two lines with iPhone 12 Pros. I received a trade-in offer of $700 applied over 2 years toward a phone upgrade. I took the upgrade offer and mailed in both phones. The first phone was shipped, received, accepted and is being credited toward my account correctly. The second phone was received in York, PA on 10/28/2023. XM "check trade-in status" never showed the phone as shipped. I have called customer service multiple times now and spent hours on the phone. I keep getting the same answers. Your case has been escalated and you will receive an update from our "back office team." I have received no update except for the one today saying my trade-in has been CANCELLED. XM has stolen my iPhone 12 Pro and sold me an iPhone 15 Pro at full retail price. This is a complete scam. I will be filing complaints with the BBB, FTC and my credit card company every single month I am not charged the correct amount based on the trade-in offer that was promised to me. 

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

Just wanted to update that after posting here and sending a direct message to support my support ticket was escalated and we are receiving the proper credits for our phone trade-in. Seems Xfinity is having widespread issues with Assurant, who processes the trade-ins. Xfinity online chat and phone support are useless. Once escalated, my issue went to what appears to be US based support and was resolved. 

I will probably pay cash for my next phone. 😆

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

11 months ago

Another 48 hours has passed where I was told I would receive an update about the credit for my trade-in from the “back office team” and have heard nothing. No update. No credit. Xfinity has stolen my iPhone 12 Pro. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi, @jwxf2020! We appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. This is definitely not how we want you to feel or an experience we ever like to hear about. We will do everything we can to get this addressed in a timely manner. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited at this time. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform at this time. In addition to calling, have you also tried reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ I have tried the chat. They told me to wait until 12/8, which I did, and received no update. I have used chat again and they were, again, useless. The agent gave me the number for Assurant who manages trade-ins. Guess what? The number goes to a message that says you can handle your protection plan claim online. There is no way to deal with a live person. Assurant doesn’t deal with consumers.

Xfinity / Assurant have stolen my iPhone 12 Pro. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @jwxf2020. We can take a closer look at this concern and see what is going on. Please send us a direct message with your full name and full service address to get started.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ Thanks for your attempt to help me out here. I am trying to send you a private message, but your username @XfinityWilliam does not come up as a recipient? Can you message me first and I will reply... Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

No worries! Simply follow these steps to send a private message.

To send a private message:

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click the New Message icon.
Enter the recipient's name in the Send to field.
Type the reply in the Message box
Click Enter to send your message.
You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here