jskson's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Saturday, May 13th, 2023 1:06 PM

Closed

Trade-in issue

I sent my old phone for trade-in in March and it has been two months without getting a credit. I instead got a "credit cancelled" notice. It has also been a month since I talked to a customer representative who confirmed the receipt of my phone but they were still processing it.

I've seen many posts having the same issue, but nobody is reporting if they received any assistance or credit. Delayed/cancelled credit is the main issue here, but the lack of communication is another one. I have never received any email confirmation that they received my old phone which worries me. The only confirmation I got was a verbal one from the customer representative.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

FOLLOW UP from my posting about 2 months ago:  I FINALLY got the $550 credit for my trade-in!!!  After doing everything Xfinity wanted (multiple times...)  I finally got an agent who spent nearly an hour with me and even had her supervisor on the line to help (I am so grateful!)  The trick for me was to open a ticket (also called a 'case') with the ADVANCE SERVICE TEAM. That was my foot in the door.  On yet another follow-up call after that ticket was opened, I was informed by that same team that they have to resolve their trouble tickets in 7-14 business days. On the 12th day, mine was resolved. Whether they found my trade-in phone or not, I don't care. I just wanted the credit they promised and it seems to be resolved.

So...all the time I spent with regular agents and even going to the local store was wasted.  The clock doesn't start ticking until the ADVANCE SERVICE TEAM has a case number! Hope this helps you get your issues resolved. Good luck!

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Currently in the same issue you are where my trade-in device was delivered to them in March. So far, no communications other than a "Credit cancelled" notice. Xfinity is unable to give the promotion since it is part of Assurant. When contacting Assurant by phone, their robot auto-answer keeps hanging up where I can never speak to a representative. Xfinity should be responsible for giving false advertisements and letting their customers down to their 3rd party companies. Very unprofessional and now our trade-in phone has been taken from us without any further notice.  

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Having the SAME ISSUE!!!   It's been almost 8 weeks since USPS reports my old trade-in device was received and still nothing.  Calls are transferred or dropped, promises to call me back are NEVER kept and the Xfinity store says they can't help because it's all on their recycler, Assurant.  Another post in this forum advised sending a direct message to Xfinity Support so I did...this is the snippy response I got.  Happy to help???!!!  I don't think so...

Hello! 👋 Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Digital Care team. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Our mobile experts can help 24/7.

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Also, just for future reference, sending unsolicited peer-to-peer direct messages is a violation of our forum guidelines. Instead, first create a public post requesting assistance. But no worries, today, we're happy to help! - XfinityJennifer

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here.
Trade in received confirmed by their provided USPS tracking number on March 31st, way before their April 7th due date.

Called NUMEROUS times to XM support and trying to talk to a real person who are overseas and just given the runaround and an escalation ticket number by a tier two rep.

One CSR explained that the Assurant warehouse is very backed up and is taking them a prolonged period of time to go through and examine every phone.

I have not tried calling Assurant myself yet.

Today I tried calling again since I was given the escalation ticket number and a 7-day reassurance of the issue being resolved and have been hung up on 3 times with no call back.

This is way past being ridiculous. Where is our trade in credit Xfinity? Why are you just giving us the shaft when we do everything right on our end per YOUR terms?!

I was promised $550 for a working, damage free Samsung Note9. Which I provided in very good packaging to ensure it reached the destination in the same condition. It is the ONLY reason why I decided to upgrade my phone and now I'm stuck with an extra $60 a month instead of an extra $30.

We need ACTUAL customer service! This NEEDS to be escalated NOW!

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello All! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out on our Forums to inform us you have also not received your trade-in refund for Xfinity Mobile. We hate to hear this has been your experience and certainly know the importance of getting your refund/credit in time (or as soon as possible). 

Since we do not have access to Xfinity Mobile's tools/systems over social, we just want to be sure, have you attempted to reach out to their support team via all the following methods?

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

• Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Please note that our Xfinity Mobile team members are equipped to support your needs/concerns 24/7, and are the experts in all things Xfinity Mobile.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Assurant is garbage and I question the process. I currently have a trade in and am considering just switching carriers because I don't trust the process. I had sent a phone in 2 years ago and didn't get a resolution until a year later, they acknowledged receiving it promptly, informed me that an apple service needed to be turned off in 14 days or the phone would be returned, I followed the instructions but was unable to turn the service off since the device was not connected to the internet. I responded to the email informing assurant and xfinity of this and to please advise. Neither advised a month and a half passed no phone, no response, no instructions, and no credit. Fast forward to numerous frustrating calls, non responses, being told I would physically need to go to the warehouse that received it in another state (pretty sure it was Texas and I am in Pennsylvania) from both xfinity and assurant, though assurant will not talk to you about any of it. Finally my resolution was to physically go into a store, explain the situation of xfinity basically stole the phone (no credit or returned device) they called assurant and put me on the phone, assurant hung up on me. The fantastic and patient employee called someone on xfinity's side explained further, and finally got me the credit for the trade-in. Was it worth the effort and time wasted no!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here but we traded in 3 phones at the same time, delivered to the warehouse in March, and have yet to receive the promotional credits. I have called Assurant, they point the finger at Xfinity mobile who is not able to tell me when the credits will be applied. Last conversation with xfinity was this past Monday (90 days since trade-in) and the rep had no idea when credits would go thru. I have spent several hours going in circles with no progress. Next attempt will be to go into the physical store to see if they can help move this along.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey @1Sandman! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with Xfinity Mobile credit after the trade-in. We you able to make it out to the store for additional help? If not we can have a look into this. Feel free to send us a DM by clicking the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hello, I sent details in DM yesterday, anything you can do would be great!

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@1Sandman , Thanks for letting us know, but we didn't receive a direct message from you, I do apologize. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know once you're done, so we can get you taken care of.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

So Xfinity Support cannot help either because they don’t have access to xfinity Mobil account information.  They suggested I call the number that I have already called multiple times, spent several hours on the phone with zero progress. 

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

1 year ago

I am in the same situation - did two upgrades recently, and sent in two phones for the trade-in credits, both within less than a month of each other. The second phone I sent in was received, processed, and approved in a normal timeframe, so everything is good with that one.

The first phone was received about a month ago by now according to the tracking info, but Xfinity doesn't reflect that yet. It still shows a message saying something like "ship us your trade-in soon", and warns me that my credits may be cancelled if I wait too long. But I already sent it, and the tracking number confirms it has been with Xfinity all this time so... not sure what else I can do.

I have done multiple chats and phone calls with the Xfinity support folks and they basically say they have made a note on my account, and not to worry about it. I don't believe there are actually notes on my account though, or if there is they don't really matter. My fear is that the trade will be cancelled and nobody will be able to help, despite the tracking showing I did what I was supposed to do.

Xfinity - can you please help with this? And not by just telling me to call or chat, both of which I have already done?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums @JG5881. We would be happy to look into this further with you. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue. Tracking information shows the phone was received 6/20/23. I’ve been told it was never received, credit is pending, call the theirs part company that received it, trade in being credited, not received, credit being applied. Now we apparently start the process over after receiving an email stating your credit has been cancelled. Looks like it’s time to file reports with the BBB, CFPB and the attorney general since numerous people seem to be having the same issue. 

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

1 year ago

Update - I did the DM as directed above, and got a reply from agent. They asked for some details about the account, the phone, the tracking info, despite all that being available already under my account info.

Anyway, after chatting for a while back and forth, I magically got two emails from Xfinity. One said the trade-in was received, and the next said it was approved and I will receive my credit. Meanwhile the rep finally got back to me saying they can't help due to being "limited" in their abilities with Xfinity Mobile issues, and that I should call the generic phone number... but also that they have a "ticket" open about the issue.

Was it a total coincidence that the trade in was processed once I started the chat? Doubtful but there's no way to know. In any case it appears all is fixed now so I'll take it either way.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry for how your experience chatting with us has made you feel. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform at this time but do have access to create tickets on your behalf and to follow up. The ticket that was created is assigned and being processed which is why you may have been sent the emails after the ticket was created. I will follow up with you on the ticket and to confirm you have received credit. I know you have been super patient to get this resolved and I really do appreciate it.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Well if I log in to my Xfinity Mobile account, and go to the Devices section, it no longer has any info about the trade-in. Which leads me to believe it really has been fully processed, as I've gone trade-ins before and that's always how it went. The email I got says everything is accepted and I will see the monthly credit on my statements. 

If that isn't the case, I'll be back to update, but everything about this so far indicates it is all finished as it should be. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

This is so frustrating. Xfinity Mobile customer representative would not connect me to Advance Team, and instead asked me to contact Assurant. When I called Assurant, the automated system asked me to enter my phone number but it did not have mine on its system. There was no way I could talk to a human customer representative. So it just disconnected me.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Since I can't talk to a human agent at Assurant, I tried chatting available on their website. As soon as I mentioned that I'd like to check the status of phone trade-in, they directed me to Xfinity Mobile Care. Xfinity and Assurant are just tossing me back and forth.

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@jskson Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 year ago

Armstrd was right. I was transferred to the Advance Service Team by a nice agent. In the past, I asked the agent to transfer me to the Advance Service Team but the agent did not let me. I was lucky this time because the agent did so although I did not mention the Advance Service Team.

The Advance Service Team took much longer than the promised 24-48 hours time frame, but I am not sure when it was resolved because they never sent me a message about it. I wish Xfinity communicates better with customers, but I am still happy now because I got credits for the past months. The credits will be applied in the remaining bills.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@jskson, that's awesome to hear you were able to get your Xfinity Mobile concerns taken care of. I hope you have a great weekend and stay safe out there 🙌

1 Message

1 year ago

We're having the same issues as others regarding the trade in of our phone.  Phone was returned to Assurant on 7/24 at 3:00 PM according to the tracking number.  The credit was never applied to our bill and we cannot get any updates from Xfinity or Assurant.  We have called (Xfinity and Assurant), IM'd using the Assistant and visited an Xfinity store trying to get an update.  There's always some excuse for not being able to resolve the issue.  We're told a ticket has been opened and that someone will follow up and never does.  We've talked to customer service representatives as well as managers and yet the result is the same.  Assurant has our phone.  Xfinity sold us a new one and we don't have the credit we were promised when we upgraded the device.  We need to be able to speak to someone that can actually do something about this issue.  I have service through Xfinity.  I purchased my phones through Xfinity.  All the email and communication during this process came from Xfinity.  We need Xfinity to address this issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here