lmacmil's profile

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 2:17 PM

Closed

Trade-in at the Xfinity store

I had a 2 year old iPhone 11 and Xfinity was willing to give me $700 for in exchange for a new iPhone 15.  Since I got it via another promotion and it only cost me $200, that was too good an offer to pass up.  After reading all the trade-in horror stories (and having my own bad experience with XM "customer service"), I decided I would only take the deal at the store.  I went with my wife who has the same iPhone 11.  The guy looked at mine and deemed it acceptable.  My wife's had a small scratch on the screen, invisible with the screen on, but deep enough to be felt with a fingernail.  He said he couldn't give us credit for it but if we wanted to do it online, it might get accepted.  Of course, if it wasn't accepted, we wouldn't get it back and would be stuck paying full price for the new phone.  No way I was going to take that risk and my wife didn't care if she got a new phone or not.

The entire process took a little over an hour.  The store was pretty busy and they guy doing the data transfer was working on 4 or 5 pairs of phones plus directing the incoming customers.  When the data transfer was finished, he had me look at the new phone to see if everything was there (it was) and then had me factory reset my old phone.  I'm now the owner of a brand new iPhone 15 (they only had the base model in stock) for $5.42 a month for 2 years!  

1 Message

6 months ago

Smart move doing it in the store. I went via online and it’s been a nightmare. 5 months later and many phone calls, still trying to get the billing corrected.

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

I went to the store precisely because of all the problems I read about here with mailed in phones.

It took almost 2 years to get a billing problem corrected on my wife's iPhone 11.  Probably 15 phone calls and finally resolved by Tier 3 support, aka "executive resolutions."  The most frustrating thing was that not only was it Xfinity's original error, they couldn't correct it in their system.  Even though we had the phone and it had been activated, their system showed it had not been delivered so they were not billing us.  By not billing us, the phone would always be locked to Xfinity and we could never sell or trade it.

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

Hi there @user_6gpr17 ! We can help with your billing issue if you need a hand! Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address and a description of what is happening. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

@XfinityFrank I’m having the same issue with my exact iPhone 11 Pro (roughly 2 years, good condition) trade in online around Sept-Oct 2023. Supposedly XM received it in good condition too, and the email I received was that $600 was approved, to be paid as a monthly credit over 24 months. I never got the credit. I did receive some random $109.11 amount. I called multiple times and each rep tries and escalates to no avail and they don’t know what’s going on, each one seems to say a different story. What they all agree on is that my account has a lot of issues and cases logged. I am literally on the phone right now and this rep now has a different story and tells me it was never approved for $600, and they cannot see this email stating my trade in credit of $600 was approved. They claim it was approved for $109.11 (what a weird number) and can’t explain why I would’ve received that email. Yet the prior rep confirmed $600 was what I was approved for, see the different stories each time I call? I should’ve learnt from @Imacmil around here, gone to a store to get it done. 

Official Employee

• 

389 Messages

Good afternoon @elseways. How did that call turn out? Were you able to get an answer on the credi provided? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here