Argozzz's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 16th, 2023 10:55 PM

Closed

Trade in credit cancelled and returned to me without explanation

Hey there!

I had recently purchased an iPhone 15 PM using the trade in offer for an iPhone 12 PM of $850 on September 15th as a new customer. I received the iPhone 15 PM on release day and sent off my trade in device within the required timeframe. I am currently in the third billing cycle, one of which I was provided a trade in credit and one I was not. 

On November 14th, I received an email without explanation that stated that my trade in credit had been canceled, and if I had questions to call the customer support line. I called, and the phone agent stated that everything was fine with the credit and the email must have been a mistake. She stated that the credits should have been applied and said she would issue a credit manually. 

Then today, I received a package that contained my old iPhone 12 PM. I won't spend too much time on the packaging inside the box (there was none, my old phone was loosely in the box with a few stickers on the back), but there was no documentation whatsoever. I still literally have no idea why the trade in was canceled. 

These things being said, I feel that I should be able to return the iPhone 15 PM however am being told that I'm outside my return window. This is frustrating, as XM or Assurant held on to my device for several weeks without any indication of issue. Is there anything that can be done here? I only opted for this very expensive piece of equipment due to the trade in offer that was provided initially. 

Thanks in advance!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

NOTE: I have, at this point in time, contacted chat three times, the 888 number twice via voice call, and now here. Chat is referring me to Assurant and gave me an 800 number. Assurant says i'm not a customer and cannot help, and also that they cannot assist with xFinity returns anyways. 

The last chat agent told me that they're only tier 1 and cannot help with this type of issue. 

This is overall a bad look for a new customer.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @Argozzz! We appreciate you for confirming you have already attempted to resolve this issue with our chat and phone representatives. Our team would love to take a further look. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@Argozzz​ was this ever resolved? I mailed in my phone but Xfinity said they never received it, even though I have the tracking information showing it was received. My phone I mailed in was in excellent condition, so there shouldn’t be any reason it wasn’t accepted. I’m so upset. It’s a $700 credit that I’m losing. Then yesterday I got an email saying my offer has been cancelled. Grrrr…

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_bgg0l1 I'm sorry to hear that you are in the same situation with your trade in. Did you receive an email from assurant or have you talked/text/chatted with the mobile team to check on the status? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

9 months ago

The same garbage just happened to me. I sent in my phone over a month ago and I suddenly get the cancellation email even though I sent in my old excellent condition phone and USPS showed they received it on time.

Their support agents are useless and what's worse is that when I got transferred to "higher support," the loser just hung up on me and I never got a callback.

So yeah I'm just gonna stop paying my bill lmao it's 2023/24 debt doesn't matter anymore 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here