RiversideRepeat's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Tuesday, April 4th, 2023 12:04 AM

Closed

The My Account app is going away on April 26.

When proceeding to the download link offered, the only options are from the Apple app store or Google Play. Does this mean these two methods are the only way we'll be able to access our accounts after the 26th?

I certainly hope not as I am not always able to use IOS or Google apps. Will we still be able to access accounts using browsers or not?

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

1 year ago

19 hours up and not one response? This shouldn't be a hard question to answer. Somebody must know.

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

1 year ago

I, for one, am not clear what you're talking about. You're saying the Google and iOS apps are fine. I am not aware of a My Account app on another platform. On my Windows PC I access the Xfinity My Account through my web browser. What app is going away, and where did you see this mentioned?

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

1 year ago

Now I see it in the banner at the top of the xfinity.com main screen.  I don't think this will change anything on your computer experience. This is just changing the phone apps from a separate My Account app to inclusion of account access in the main Xfinity app. This is no different from what already appears at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-my-account-app.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@requa​ Let's just say for now I hope you are correct, however the message on the website is unclear. Often web applications are also referred to as "apps."

Sure wish someone could confirm with surety.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

I really wish Xfinity would get better at communicating with customers.

I mean...

They are...

A communications company.

Right?...

Or is that just wishful thinking on my part and truly effective communication has sadly become a thing of the ancient past?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there! @requa​  is spot on in what they are saying! You will be able to use the web browsers of course, we are simply removing the MyAccount smartphone app in favor of the Xfinity app so that you are not wasting time and space on multiple apps. Now everything is under one roof for added convince, you will always have access to the website as well!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

So nothing goes away or should change on the desktop Xfinity app, it just affects the Android access?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

I dont like this. Not everyone wants to rely on an android phone app. I want to see my connected devices in a windows browser. They've taken this away?  

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

Nope. Xfinity has not (yet) taken anything away. Currently it has multiple overlapping apps for Android and iOS. I have Xfinity My Account, Xfinity Mobile, and Xfinity installed on my Android phone. Xfinity is informing cutomers that it is merging thes features of these apps into the main Xfinity app, but it is not clear when. This thread has now been up for 6 months, but all three apps continue to work, for now, although I do think the features of the other two are alreay in the main Xfinity app.

These announcements do not suggest the elimintation of any portion of the website. I disagree with the above poster's suggestion that the term "app" may have been intending elimintation of a "web app" but I understand the concern. Don't make too much of this announcement with respect to Xfinity's web presence over Windows or other browsers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

Uh. Yes. This thread has been up for six months and the question is a perfectly reasonable one. The answer from an Xfinity employee, which is quite definitive I might add, has also been up for six months right here in the same thread. so I’m not sure why it’s being brought up again? Read the thread for goodness sake.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here