mausman's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 1st, 2023 3:34 AM

Closed

The $1200 international travel brick

When I arrived in England, my phone went dead, I tried to sign up for International Travel, but for some reason didn't work.  I spent hours and days with your Xfinity Mobile support team with chat and mostly with hotel phone.  The helping team could not get it to work and each team they said it will work now, and each time it didn't after they suggested I restart my iPhone14. From July 9 to July 28th I had NO cellular or data.  Wifi worked.  Your team sent me multiple eSimms but they did not work-- they had no phone numbers attached.  

Your team seemed to be in Ecuador.  When I asked them to connect me with the states, they refused.

We've been xFinity customers for over 30 years and this is how we get treated.  I am to say the least, extremely upset, because before when we had a different carrier this was not even an issue.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

@mausman, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us using the Xfinity Forum and providing a summary of your recent experience while traveling overseas. I certainly understand the importance of being able to stay connected while overseas, regardless of whether it is work or socially related. I do know from personal experience that getting your international plan setup while already overseas can be a bit of a hassle. I know that we generally recommend setting it up prior to leaving to save the headache. That said, I know that would not prevent the frustration you have already experienced. 

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here