U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, July 12th, 2023 1:41 PM

Closed

Texts from my Xfinity Mobile based cell phone to my gmail email addresses fail to arrive.

I can not create a new text or forward an existing text on my Xfinity Mobile based cell phone that will arrive at my gmail email address on my PC.  Below is the bounce-back error message.  My sister, who also has Xfinity Mobile as her carrier, receives the same message when she tries to text to my gmail email address.  However, other family members with carriers such as Verizon, AT&T, etc. are able to send me texts to my gmail email successfully.  And I can successfully send texts to other non-gmail email addresses.  The error message below focuses on gmail authentification, however my gmail is a personal gmail not a Domain controlled account. 

There's an element of this issue that could be a gmail issue, but Xfinity Mobile users likely have experience this issue & I'm interested in how they solved it.  Thanks!

This is the mail system at host twbgohaavzwvcmta-c-nk-x-00-sms-02.vtext.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

< [Edited: "Personal Information"]>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.219.27] said:
    550-5.7.26 This mail is unauthenticated, which poses a security risk to the
    550-5.7.26 sender and Gmail users, and has been blocked. The sender must
    550-5.7.26 authenticate with at least one of SPF or DKIM. For this message,
    550-5.7.26 DKIM checks did not pass and SPF check for [mypixmessages.com]
    did 550-5.7.26 not pass with ip: [63.55.64.198]. The sender should visit
    550-5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for
    550 5.7.26 instructions on setting up authentication.
    p20-20020a817e54000000b00579ed150461si1534705ywn.252 - gsmtp (in reply to
    end of DATA command)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ Thank you for response & idea to investiage.  However, I've try to enter my issue/message, including my full name & service address however I've received a "can't send" red error message about 5 different times.  I've tried shortening the issue/message to a few lines but that didn't send either.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

Hey there. Ensure you are signed into Xfinity, then just provide your full name and full service address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityBilly​ Thanks, now completed successfully.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_93ed45, Thanks for sending that over, I look forward to working with you and finding a fix for this email issue youre dealing with. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here