S

Friday, October 13th, 2023 6:55 PM

Closed

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!! Do not even try it

I called Xfinity mobile yesterday to inquire about service. I was told “oh you’ll get two FREE phones if you trade the current ones in, PLUS get service (basic unlimited) for $30 a month two lines. Heck yea! I was all excited. Asked MULTIPLE times if the phones were really free since we were going from iPhone 12 and 13 pro to iPhone 13 and 15. I was ASSURED this multiple times. I continue with processing, called my current company to pay off the phones in preparation. Only to have the rep charge my credit card 3 times!! I get a fraud alert from my card company. Card is locked, have to order new. This is after being on the phone for a few hours. The rep says oh just give me your social and card info one more time. I explained I couldn’t my card wouldn’t work. He says oh no worries we’ll call tomorrow. Get the call today, different rep. He says oh we have all of your details from yesterday, payment is the same $ amount so I give my other card info. It’s processed. I get the emails of confirmation, then after he hangs up with me an email about my trade. That I would only be getting a portion of the phones paid. I call BACK mind you each call they have to place you on hold a million times. The guy says oh no the phones aren’t free, I get a supervisor. He has me on hold for a while, oh well it’s not for free we just have a discount. Let me get your information again so I can get the trade in amounts. I tell him I have the emails, give the $. He persists in getting my social and info again. Finally I’ve had ENOUGH I said just cancel the order I’d rather pay more than deal with this. “Oh well I’ll have to get you to the mobile department” get transferred, the girl says “oh we can’t cancel it it’s been shipped” LIES! it’s been an hour since processing and the email I received says “not shipped”. She then says oh yea I get it you can just receive the packages, print the labels,…” I said no. I’m not doing ANY more work on this. Cancel it. I ask for a manager MULTIPLe times. I’m on hold now for 48 minutes. Still waiting. THE WORST EXPERIENCE IVE EVER HAD!!! Honestly after this I need to be given $ for hourly rate and anxiety!   They will lie to you to get your information and then act like they can’t cancel or assist you! 

The rep tells me that there is no way to cancel an order with their company. That it just has to be sent. It’s been less than 2 hours of processing my order. Lies upon lies!

after 3 hours of phone conversation and holds. Resolution - to refuse the delivery of the phones 3 times then I’ll be refunded.  What a joke! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Greetings, @Sents78! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your experience with this trade-in offer. I'm sorry to hear there were so many issues, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

2 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ 

I’ve wasted enough time on the phone with the company. Had to call back again yesterday (after I refused the phone shipment with fedex and it was returned) only to find out that the phones were activated with two completely different phone numbers (which I do not know of). The call was escalated to the tech team. Disabled the phones although the fed ex tracking said they were still in route to the warehouse. No one knew how that would happen. I was told a refund of my money would be sent once the items are “received” I’ve checked tracking and they were. Keeping an eye on my account for refund and I’m sure will have to follow up again.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @Sents78, and thank you for reporting back to us on the status of your trade in offer situation, we are sorry to hear how frustrating this situation has been for you. Have you received any update on the status of your refund. Rest assured, our team is here to help if there is anything further you need. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here