U

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 5:14 AM

Closed

Terrible customer service/Absolutely do not recommend POOR COMMUNICATION

7/21 my sons phone ended up with moisture in it at camp. It was only about 5 months old. I called to make a claim when he got home a week later. The insurance company Assurant, walked me through the process, charged me my deductible and said my new phone would be in the mail within 5 days. Well.. 2 weeks later, there was nothing! I looked in my email spam folder to a notice saying that I  did not have insurance on it at the time of the damage.

I bought this phone via phone conversation and stated that I wanted insurance on it. Who in their right mind would get a phone for over $600 and not have Insurance on it?! Turns out, they put the insurance on the straighttalk phone that I brought to the plan and replaced with this very phone!! I went through SEVERAL phone conversations until I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor tried everything but apparently she was unaware/didn’t understand me when I kept telling her that the insurance needs to be on the phone retroactive to the very day I purchased it in order for the claim to proceed. I have been paying insurance! 4 days later, I received a call from her and we call the insurance company together (I called twice on my own and their system was down for 4 hours) to have them tell me that since she put the insurance on it for the date after the damage occurred, they couldn’t proceed. Again! I called to talk to corporate as I am curious as to why I am being punished for something that is not my fault? 

their calls are recorded (it says) I want my recording from the date I purchased the phone stating that I want insurance on the new iphone12 that I was purchasing for my son (teenager) they said they do not have a direct line to corporate and the guy was very nice to me trying to help. 

unfortunately he told me everything that I want to hear (don’t worry, I will take care of it, I know what has to happen) also I will watch correspondence and call you back in 48 hours to update the issue. Yeah right Mario!!!!! I have not received a call yet and it has been over 2 weeks! I cannot get anywhere yet I am paying on a phone that we cannot see the screen. I have over $300 left to pay on it. Xfinity has not helped me what so ever and it is their fault. I am not there to enter things in the computer. I plan to contact the better business bureau/ everyone and anyone that I can to warn with this issue. This is absurd, disgusting, and so wrong! I cannot wait until my contract is up! I will be taking my service elsewhere. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_50245f. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you've had with attempting to file a claim on your son's iPhone12. I'd be more than happy to review the status on this request that was submitted on your behalf regarding this phone call you've been expecting.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here