U

Friday, December 29th, 2023 7:46 PM

Closed

Switching from Verizon//activating phone

I made the (potentially terrible) decision to switch from Verizon about 8 days ago. I went into the store, traded in my phone and got a new one, and was told they were having a hard time activating the phone. They sent me home and said it should start working in about an hour. 

It has been 8 days, the phone will still not connect to the network. I've called their customer service line 4 or 5 times now and spoken with off-shored workers who don't understand American customer service norms and have just literally told me to wait 7-10 business days. When I ask to speak to a manager they say one will call me back; no one has called me back after the 4 or 5 calls I've made all requesting a manager. This is by far the most disappointing mobile experience I have ever had in a Western country and I will be switching back to another carrier as soon as I can.

Is it normal that you have to wait 10 business days to get a phone activated? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

Hello user_3rcuzg

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-auto-payments

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here