U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 20th, 2023 2:16 AM

Closed

Switched to Xfinity mobile and promised gift cards and lower mobile bill with ACP plan with porting of old number

Hello I am hoping to FINALLY get some action taken on this disaster that has become my mobile phone nightmare for the past 8 months.

What happened:

I was promised two $200 Visa gift cards as well as both my spouces and my own Samsung A14 phones for free with switching to Xfinity mobile and was promised that our bill would be $60 a month for 2 unlimited highest speed data lines- BUT that since I qualified for the ACP I would be getting a $20 credit towards my mobile bill every month after my $10 internet essentials bill was paid each month. All we needed to make sure of was to port our old numbers when we received the phones in the mail and were ready to activate them.

What happened:

So as soon as phones arrived I immediately went to work going through the steps to port the numbers which seemed fairly straight forward, except because we were coming from using a free WiFi service app (Text Now) it seemed to be a MAJOR problem for every Xfinity rep I spoke with. I contacted the text now people and they said no problem and were extremely helpful in telling me exactly what Xfinity needed to do to port the numbers over so I called Xfinity and read them the instructions from my text now customer service chat thread.... The Xfinity rep went through the steps the way they were trained to do it, seemingly ignoring my instructions.. but said within I believe they said it could take up to 7 days for the number port to go through!! This was unbelievable to me that in this day and age something so commonly done in the mobile phone world would take this long but I said okay and I waited.... And waited... So on the 8th day when the phone still was not activating correctly I called Xfinity who told me there must have been a problem and they would go through the porting process again and I again gave them the sequence of numbers they needed from text now and they told me the numbers were wrong.

Folks this is just the beginning of the complete nightmare this process was to be so hold on... Well for time and sanity savings sake I'll condense it to say that after my contacting text now again they assured me that they had already released both the numbers from their system and that there was nothing more they or I could do besides once again direct Xfinity to reach out to text now staff if they were having difficulty porting the numbers over. So I called Xfinity back now for the umteenth time this week and told them all the emails and phone numbers I was given by text now to solve the problem if they would just reach out to them or follow the directions I read to them exactly how they wrote them to me in that chat thread..... So I basically called each and every day (maybe skipping a day here or there so as not to blow my head off) for the next 2.5-3 weeks to let Xfinity know that the port STILL has not gone through and was continually promised after typically being passed around about 3 times and of coarse re-explaining the entire scenario to each rep (because apparently no one reads the notes) that the numbers would for sure be ported over witjin 24 hours.... Righhht.

So finally I think I started getting so frustrated that by this time I was being billed for two unlimited lines that were not even usable that I got someones attention who elevated my call to priority service or something and I actually got a call the following day from a rep who was happy to tell me that my number was finally ported over!! BUT... NOT MY HUSBANDS NUMBER!! 

This then started my husband's journey of calling each day for a out a week and receiving the exact same promises about the 24 hrs [Edited: "Language"] and to this day his number has never been ported over and I have called numerous times to tell them I will not pay for the line that my husband cannot even use [Edited: "Inflammatory"] because no matter how many times I called it seems I still was billed $60 a month and on top of that that wonderful government ACP discount I qualified for..... NEVER HAVE I ONCE SEEN A CREDIT ON MY BILL STILL!! 

Im telling you people I am a pretty patient person and I about lost my cool so many times...

Anyway fast forward a few months and now because my husband's number was never ported they have added a charge of I believe$300 to my bill for the purchase price of the device my husband still cannot use because of his number never getting ported over, despite trying numerous times to get Xfinity employees to reach out to text now, who again told me that it was out of my hands and the only party able to finish off the port of my husband's number was Xfinity and if confused about the process to call or email them and they would gladly walk them through the process... So as of today :

About 2 weeks ago a payment of around $190 was made in order to keep them from turning my service off... Which was disconnected anyway due to non payment because the payment was wrongly applied to my home Internet account.... I've tried twice to call and get them to change the payment to the right account so I could get my service back on with no success... So I have no mobile service currently, was mischarged for a phone that was supposed to be free (believe me when I tell you I did everything in my power to get that [Edited: "Language"] number ported over so I am at a loss..), a phone bill that continuously is still being billed for extra lines which I never asked for or have been able to use, never received that ACP credit .. not once, even though I must have spent hours all the times I reapplied and called Xfinity with the app approval number, never ever received ANY Visa gift cards...... Oh yeah, and for the cherry on top now my Xfinity bill is being sent to collections and ruining my credit as we speak.

I am at a loss as far as knowing who to turn to... I plan on filing a complaint with the FCC, but not sure how that will actually afford me any real solutions. I'm sure if looked into this unbelievable nightmare can be verified with all the numerous calls I made in and then hopefully truly being recorded but I'm not sure how that helps me... I would really like to have my service back on and my husband would really like his finally after 8 months like his to work as well but I guess I'm running out of words to say to make these people act and act appropriately in regards to just how much pain and suffering has gone into this mobile phone switch promo nightmare.

My apologies for the novel written and if you have made it here, congratulations, because of your incredible patience [Edited: "Inflammatory"] 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about your experience, @user_2771ea. I am so sorry to hear about all of this. We'd like to review the account and get to the bottom of this once and for all. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here