texfrazer's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 26th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Swapping Sim Cards

Hi, 

I've got a new phone for one of my lines, and I've swapped out the sims to keep the newest phones.  Everything works fine for calling, messaging, etc., but I need to swap the imei numbers associated with the phone numbers.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I swapped my sim into a new phone about a month ago. The Xfinity mobile app continued to show my old device but the new phone (Pixel 5) works fine. About a week ago I got a notification in the app stating that it looked like I was using the sim in a different device and asked if I wanted to change to the new device. When I said yes, it associated the sim with my new phone. The app continues to show my original phone when I select the tab for devices. When I tap on the icon for my old phone, I get a message indicating that the sim is paired with a different device (my new Pixel 5). When I select the new device it shows the new phone and the correct imei number. I'm not sure why Xfinity continues to show the original device and I don't know if there's a way to change that.

I didn't receive the December security update yet. I've tried several times to update through Settings>System>System update, without success. I'm hoping this will resolve itself in January.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

4 years ago

After you swap, it will now advise"so and so's sim is now paired with a different device".Once you click on "View paired Device", the app says "All network-related features will apply to this device. All billing-related functions-such as device upgrades and monthly payments are still synced to the original device". It will go on to the device info of the phone you paired the sim card into. Everything is therefore fine, the phone function and billing. This from personnal experience.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I just went through the same scenario.  Swapped SIM from 3XL to my new 4a5G.  Xfinity know that this is a problem.  I went to the store and spent 45 minutes while the clerk was on the phone working on getting it adjusted.  MY old 3XL stills shows on the account as "deactivated".

In the process they added my new phone as a "new line" and put it in on the Unlimited Plan.  Had to go back to the store and get it moved back to my By the Gig shared plan.  That only took 1 1/2 hours!

I am also still waiting on the December Update.  Google says it's an Xfinity issue and Xfinity says it is a Google issue.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone done a sim swap from a 4G to a 5G phone and gotten 5G data to work?   I have the newer 5G by the gig plans already.  It looks like for the iPhone 13, buying through apple will give a better trade-in value for my current iPhone 11, at least at the moment.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just put the SIM from my iphone XS into my new iphone 13.  I did a "SIM pairing" sequence when my account detected a new device.  However, it still shows my old phone listed.  My new iphone is working and all is okay but it says nothing about 5g.  Do I need to do anything?  Again new phone works but my account still shows old phone.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@luckywales having the same exact problem. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here