U

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023 1:14 AM

Closed

Started with 4 lines, 833 credit score, told to port one out to add another, did that, NOW only 3 lines???

I am a brand new customer as of November 11th.  I activated home internet first and then transferred 4 lines to Xfinity Mobile.  No issues at this point.  I treid to add a 5th lines and got the maximum lines error.  I chatted with a rep as I wanted to get the entire family on Xfinity mobile and add a new (transferred line) for my son.  I was told if we ported a line out (temporarily) we could add a new line and still have 4.  Then I could port that line back in for 5.  I did this and paid another service $25 for month.  But I still couldn't add a new line.  Now I am stuck with a limit of 3 lines after being lied to by the rep and the advertising.  The limit has NOTHING to do with a credit check.  They told me to call Equifax.  I knew it wouldn;t do anything, but I did anyways.  Equifax said there was not a credit freeze on my account and my credit was perfect.  We ported my husband's line out onlky because they said it would work to add my sone.  It was supposed to be temporary.  Now we are screwed and have service at 3 providers for 5 people.

Is there anyone that can actually help?  I see posts about people that cannot get more than five lines.  That is all I want.  5 lines.  Half of what is falsely advertised.

4 Messages

10 months ago

I tried again today to reactivate my deactivated line.  After about 20 minutes they came back and said no more lines.  I absolutely do not understand why Xfinity would advertise 10 lines and give 3-5.  I also do not understand how they come up with the limit as it cannot be based on credit score (as advertised).  Perhaps you need multiple service or time as a customer, but that should be stated upfront, not after you sign a 2 year agreement on your internet.  I am now stuck paying multiple services for my phones and any savings I am making on my internet are being lost by paying other services for my 4th and 5th line.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_qifvg0! I want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I absolutely have.  I have spent over 10 hours in total on over a dozen chats to try and get this resoplved with no one getting anything done except for telling me something and it not working.  It seems your reps do not even have the proper tools they need to take care of customers.  I have done some reading and this issue goes back over at least two years.  I cannot believe a mobile service would so drastically limit lines of paying customers.  First lock us into two year cable.internet contracts and then limit our lines on mobile so we have to pay another service so our entire family has phones.  The worst part is you clearly advertise 10 lines based on credit score.  That is the only criteria listed and it is blatently false.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_qifvg0 If you review the link: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-eligibility#:~:text=Based%20on%20a%20credit%20screening,(DPPs)%20with%20Xfinity%20Mobile. if you have Xfinity Internet, you can bring your own compatible phone, smartwatch, or tablet to at least three lines with Xfinity Mobile. The number of lines is based on a credit screening or your payment history as an Xfinity customer, you may be eligible bring your own compatible devices to up to 10 total lines and purchase phones, tablets, and smartwatches on device payment plans (DPPs) with Xfinity Mobile. If you have reached the limit our Xfinity Mobile can provide at this time, you may be able to add more in the future. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I brought four lines over.  4.  The rep told me to move one and I could add one and then move back my original.  I did that and not only could I not add a new line, I also could not add back the line I moved.  So now I have 3 lines.  The advetisement on Xfinity.com says nothing about p[aymenbt history nor three lines.  It states you can have up to 10 based on credit.  My credit is perfect.  So that is 100% FALSE advertising.  I cannot have any payment history as a new customer.  IF new customers are limited to 3 or 4 or 5 lines, that should be stated.  IF it is based on credit score, I should get the max a new customer if offered.  IF I start with 4 and a rep tells me to port out a line to add a new one, I should not be limited to 3.  What if I port out two more lines?  Am I then limited to a single line?  The mystery behind this should be transparent.  If it is based on credit, do a hard pull of my credit report and add the lines.

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@user_qifvg0 We have access to residential services here on the forums, and you're welcome to ask us directly about those. 

For questions regarding Xfinity mobile, lines, devices, accounts, credit checks or policies, call or text 1 (888) 936-4968. You can also chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile, where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! 

1 Message

9 months ago

Have you gotten it resolved yet?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here